CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Comenzar desde el principio

Hindi p'wede!

"Paninidigan kita," he smile at me.

Hanggang ngayon ay nanatili sa kaniyang labi at mata ang sayang nararamdaman.

"I'm so happy, Aly. I'm going to be Daddy!" he exclaimed, rooted in his joy. "I want to shout to the world that I'm going to be a daddy. . . That I'm going to have a child!"

His excitement overflowed, and the room buzzed with the vibrancy of his emotions. The anticipation of fatherhood had him caught in a moment of pure, unbridled happiness.

Pumikit ako ng marahan, nararamdaman ko nang may nagbabadyang luha sa aking mga mata.

Bakit hindi ko magawang maging masaya para sa kaniya. Pagmulat ko ng mata, tuloy-tuloy ang pag-agos ng mga luhang sa aking mata. Ramdam na ramdam ko ang kirot ng puso ko.

"Why are you crying, woman?" he asked with concern. "What's the problem?"

I wiped the tears with the back of my hand. "Let's go. I'll take you to the airports."

"I will not leave you here. Paninidigan kita."

With one step, he approached, and as I closed my eyes, I felt his lips on my forehead. Opening my eyes, tears continued to fall

"Bakit? Bakit ka pa mananatili?" Wala sa wisyo kong tugon.

"Anak ko 'yang dinadala mo, e."

After hearing those words, I bit my lower to control my sniffle couldn't help me. I stared at him. At kaninang sobrang laki ang ngiti abot sa tenga, napalitan ng nawawala sa kaniya ang labi iyon. His eyes, unti-unti nawawala ang saya.

"Anak ko 'yang dinadala mo, e," he said.

Hearing those words, I bit my lower lip to control my sniffle, unable to hold back my emotions. Staring at him, the earlier wide smile was replaced by a missing lip, and his eyes lost their usual sparkle.

"Hindi ba ako ama ng batang pinagbubuntis mo?" he asked slowly.

Covering my mouth to control my sobbing, I licked my lower lip and nodded slowly in response.

I couldn't meet his eyes; fear and guilt overwhelmed me. He didn't deserve this pain, yet I was the cause.

Silence hung between us, my revelation taking time to register in his mind.

"Aly, please, stop joking. It's not funny," he laughed painfully, his disbelief adding another layer of heartbreak to the already heavy moment.

Sa sakit! I'm sorry, Kerson. I need to this.

"If I'm not the father, who is?" he tried to calm himself as much as he could.

His voice carried a mix of confusion and a desperate attempt to understand the revelation. The weight of the question lingered in the air, adding to the tension between us.

"I-I don't know. . . Basta hindi sa'yo 'to!" I said.

I could hear him crying now. Suddenly, he punched our wall, the impact echoing in the room, and he gradually sank to the floor, overwhelmed with weakness.

"B-Bakit. . . Bakit, Alyzza?" he sobbed.

I could only cry while watching him. Panic set in when I noticed his hand, stained with blood. Rushing to the living room, I searched for a clean cloth to bandage his wounded hand. Nang dahil sa akin ay nasasaktan ngayon ang taong mahal ko. Sa bawat punas ng aking luha ay tutulong panibagong luha tilang gripo na ayaw tumigil.

In the living room, I hastily grabbed a clean cloth, my hands trembling. Returning to him, I knelt beside him, gently taking his injured hand.

"Kerson, I'm sorry. . ." I whispered, my voice shaky.