17 | Iced Americano or Frappuccino? Which Is Better?

Comincia dall'inizio

The woman wrote it down, then looked at Bum Seok. ''Would you like to order, sir?''

Bum Seok, who'd been looking back at Soo Ho and Young Yi, suddenly turned back. He simply handed his card over, making Y/n furrow her eyebrows. ''Aren't you going to drink anything?''

That seemed to snap him out of his trance. He gave her a smile. ''I'll wait for Si Eun and order with him, I still can't choose,'' he admitted, then got his card back.

Y/n bit the inside of her cheek, watching as he put his debit card back in his wallet. ''Bum Seok, can we talk for a moment?''

His brows furrowed. ''Is something wrong?''

''I just wanted to say that you don't always need to pay for us and everything,'' Y/n said, then watched his face change. She quickly continued. ''Not that I mind, not at all! I'm thankful, really, I just don't want you to feel like you need to buy our friendship or something like that. We come to hang out with you because we want to hang out with you, not with your wallet.''

Bum Seok stayed silent for a moment, not looking at her. Then she noticed him purse his lips, though a weak smile cracked on his face. ''Thank you, Y/n. It's okay, I really don't mind paying, but thank you for the reassurance.'' He stuttered a few times as he said that, but Y/n was glad she managed to get through him at least a little bit.

''Of course,'' Y/n said and put a hand on his shoulder. ''And, you know, we're your friends. If something is bothering you, you can always talk to us.''

''Hey, Si Eun!''

Both Bum Seok and Y/n looked back, seeing Si Eun enter as well. He gave them a wave, then started moving towards the table. Y/n tapped Bum Seok's shoulder and he looked back at her. ''Si Eun is here now, so you gotta pick a drink. Come on, it's on me this time.''

Bum Seok looked back at the table for a moment — Si Eun had sat next to Young Yi now — and gave a nod, his smile faint. ''Okay. Thank you.''

As they got all five drinks, the two moved over to the table. Soo Ho patted the free seat next to him and Y/n sat down, while Bum Seok pulled up a chair.

''Stop tracking my location,'' Si Eun told her; apparently, he was being secretive about what he had to do before meeting them.

''No, I'll track you all the way home,'' Young Yi said, looking at her phone.

Y/n looked up at Soo Ho. ''Have you been teaching her how to stalk people?'' She looked at Young Yi. ''Don't let him influence you!''

''Hey, she's a bigger stalker than me. I don't know your location twenty-four-seven,'' he reminded, leaning back on his chair, his good arm leaning against the back of Y/n's chair.

''Why won't you say where you were?'' Young Yi asked, then put a hand over her mouth, letting out a loud gasp. ''Do you have a secret girlfriend? I'm so jealous!''

Si Eun sighed, looking at her. ''No, I do not.''

Y/n laughed. ''Young Yi, you still have a chance.''

Si Eun looked at Y/n now. ''No, she does not.''

After finishing their drinks, they decided to go to karaoke, as there was nothing else to do. Y/n and Young Yi belted a duet as Soo Ho stood to the side, laughing at them as he filmed them. Y/n wrapped an arm around Young Yi's shoulder as she sang a verse loudly, the two girls swaying from side to side. Si Eun and Bum Seok were sitting behind them, watching without a word.

''You suck at singing, cutie.'' Soo Ho laughed at Y/n once their song was over, pocketing his phone.

She took the microphone from Young Yi — after asking her, of course — and handed it to Soo Ho. ''Let's see how much better you are, dumbass.''