Chp 12: Unexpected Foe

Start from the beginning

Tendi: Yes!

Exocomp: Oh my gosh. Hi, are you Ensign Tendi?

Tendi: Oh, my gosh. Yes, I am! And I'm so happy you're here!

Exocomp: I'm happy to be here. This is so exciting!

Rutherford: Ooh-wee! Howdy there.

YN: So now you're talking like a cowboy.

Exocomp: That was a weird thing to say!

Tendi: It sure was! These are my friends. Ensign Rutherford and Ensign YN.

YN: Hey.

Exocomp: Hi, its so nice to meet you guys. I'm so excited to get to know you all.

YN: As much as I like to, I have duty calls. But we can get to know each other more at lunch.

Tendi: Okay, see you at lunch.

YN: Cya.

YN POV

I left the hangar so that Tendi can show her new friend the ropes in the ship while Rutherford figures out his cybernetic implant. I was just about to head to meet with my security pals until I came across Boimler and Mariner who changed her appearance.

YN: Hey, guys. Looking good Mariner.

Mariner: Thank you, sir.

YN: Uh, okay....did I miss something?

Mariner: No, sir.

YN: Mariner, we're in same ranks.

Boimler: She's trying to get the promotion to the Sacramento so she can start a new.

YN: Sounds like she's trying to avoid attention.

Boimler: Exactly!

Mariner: Well, better get back to work. (Picks her tablet.) Ah. "Tips for Remaining starfleet uniform compliant."

Boimler: The Starfleet Manual? Who are you kidding? It is so messed up that you're trying to cheat me out of promotion.

Mariner: How am I cheating? You're always telling me to be like this.

Boimler: I meant to actually try sometimes! Not to profit off of nepotism.

Mariner: Nobody would know Freeman's my mom if you hadn't ratted me out. So why don't you go ahead and blame yourself?

YN: Uh, guys. Why don't we just take a breather for a moment-

Boimler: (Mariner.) No! I blame you!

Mariner: And I blame you back!

YN: (Snap.) Oh, will you guys just give it a rest!? You're the captains daughter, people knows, end of story. I'm surprise is that the entire crew didn't find out long after I did.

Mariner: Wait, you knew!?

YN: You gave it away long time ago!

Boimler: What exactly did she gave away?

YN: You and the captain were going at it to each other like family drama! Just admit it, deep down, you knew someone would find out and you're only getting the promotion so you can run away rather than facing your problems.

Mariner: I-

Just then we were interrupt by something hitting the ship.

Boimler: What was that!?

Mariner: Nothing good.

YN: Its worst, look!

They look to where I point at the window and we saw whats left of the USS Solvang. There was no doubt, whatever did this, its near and dangerous.