Chapter 50: The One Where EMV Breaks Free

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Usually, perverts aren't trying to hug my wife." He scowled back.

"Wife huh? Well, then congratulations to you." A throaty feminine voice made us turn to a sauntering figure approaching us. Her.

"Saleena." Shehzer said stiffly, giving her a brief nod. I felt his arm tighten around my shoulders. I simply gave her a narrow-eyed inspection.
She was dressed in a floor length fitted gold sheath. Her smooth tanned skin, and tawny eyes made her glow in the muted lighting. Her hair was slightly longer than it was in her profile picture.

"I would have sent over a wedding present, if I had known earlier." She smiled sweetly at me, her voice dripping with politeness.
Huh?
I'm confused.
She seems genuinely nice.

"That would have been unnecessarily annoying for me." Shehzer replied coldly, "It's hard to check for rattlesnakes in boxes." I elbow him at his rudeness.

Saleena simply laughs delicately at this. Even her laugh is sensual, it's all throaty, and sexy. She throws back her head to display a smooth tanned neckline. It's hard not to be mesmerized by her. She is absolutely stunning.

"Well, I only came over to greet you properly. Our history doesn't have to mean that we fail to be civil to each other." came her soft reply.

Shehzer lets out a disbelieving snort, and I heard him mutter, "Yeah, right."

"Good to meet you, Mina. I heard so much about you from folks here." She flashes a perfect smile my way, "I must say that mentions of your beauty were not exaggerated. I adore your gorgeous Saree!"

I managed a polite Thank You. She soon went her way after making small-talk with Matt, Rachel and Umair (Zubya was home with their flu-stricken son)

"She's not so bad." I whisper to Shehzer. His jaw tightened at my words.
"She is a phony Mina. Don't let her fool you. She is a wolf in sheep's clothing; A devil in angel's wings; A prune disguised as a chocolate truffle", he scowled at her retreating back, "Do you get me?"

I patted his cheek reassuringly. "Yeah, yeah...I get it." I was worried by this revelation. She seemed a nice enough woman, and that meant I couldn't hate her as I had previously done. I hated that she had been close to Shehzer, and I loathed how she had disrespected Rania, but it became a little bit harder to hold onto the hate after meeting her.

"Drinks Sir? Ma'am?" A roaming waiter offered a tray of champagne flutes to us. Matt and Rachel grabbed a couple of glasses. I was about to take one when Shehzer laughingly took my hands in his.
"None for us. Thanks." He nodded to the server.
"Why'd you stop me?" I pouted, "I wanted to feel all cool with the champagne glass! I always wanted to hold one. It looks so pretty."

He and his friends gaped at me before bursting into laughter. Rachel gamely offered me her own glass, and I took it. It smelled funny, and I handed it back after taking a selfie with it to terrorize my Ma, and Adiba.
Shehzer leaned in to kiss my cheek, making me turn pink at this PDA. "You're outrageous my lady, but I love you anyways."

The rest of the party was fun. There.was good music, and some entertaining dance moves. The food however, was awful, and I could barely stomach any of it; tasteless, saltless, spiceless entrees, and hors d'oeuvres. The only saving grace was the dessert table. I enjoyed the molten lava cake, and individual souffle cups that we were served.
I also bugged Shehzer to pose for a photo with his friends at the photo booth. They even had props and graduation hats, but no one except for Matt and George was excited about wearing them.

We had an incredibly awkward moment when I wanted to visit the restroom. My dress became a HUGE logistical issue.

I reluctantly dragged Shehzer into one of the empty powder rooms to help me with my saree. His ears turned pink when I asked him to help me un-pin the fall.

Not That Interestedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें