001

'she IS girl boss.'

i spit out my water and quickly hide my face behind my computer screen. i cannot control my laughter while chase yells about how important claire's ugly hat is. i gasp for air when hamzah joins in on noah's lecture.

"AND she's only 15."

that joke never gets old, especially when it comes out of someone else's mouth. nothing is funnier than claires stupid age excuse.

 i can't control myself and have to quickly find the mute button. i'm always off on the side of my computer trying to hold back my laughs. this is important business and i should try to be as serious as possible, but i find everything hilarious. 

our song '3 Peat' suddenly kicks on which sends me into a 'gasping for air' laughing fit. 

'fuck noah miller tryna be me, i-i-i'm just a kid, bitch, i'm only 15'

my mouth flies open in the camera and i watch as everyone else slaps their hand to their mouth and claire leaves the zoom call. my face turns red from trying to hold in my laugh. i control myself and unmute. i cough and feel my face getting hotter and hotter. i see haley giggle, at least i'm not the only one finding this bit funny.

"thats what i call, ana oop!" chase says.

i giggle and shake my head in agreeance. 

"she actually just ate your ass up." i say to noah in the straighest face that i can bear. my face breaks back into a smile when i see hamzahs reaction.

"do not talk about ass eating you pervert." he says trying to hold back a smile.

i scoff at him and make a face. his gaze goes down to his lap and my phone vibrates. 

hamzah: how did you keep a straight face??

i look at my phone and smile. 

me: i'm a pro at this

he knows i have a hard time keeping it together and likes to make fun of me for laughing.

i look up to see him smiling right back at his phone. we need to stop before someone catches on, because they would definitely make a big deal if they knew we were texting each other during a stream. 

i'm still looking at my phone as the three dots wiggle at me and disappear, like their taunting me. i want him to text me again. i don't even realize that claire and noah have been in a heated argument until noah leaves the zoom. 

"oh my gosh he left." i say, trying to act as if i've been paying attention. 

the rest of the stream ends in a daze as i think about hamzah smiling at my text message. i don't know why i'm thinking about him. i need to lock in and finish this stream.

"i'm leaving." i say as soon as there's an awkward pause in conversation.

"me too." haley agrees. 

i click the hang up button and sigh. that stream was good, really good. i think about how my laughing is going to be talked about on twitter or added to compilation videos on tiktok. most of the time i'm the only one laughing. 

i flop on my bed and brainstorm about what i should do for the rest of the night. after a stream everyone keeps to themselves, it's an unsaid agreement, but it's boring without them. my phone vibrates on my desk while i'm mid thought. 

hamzah: wyd lottie??

i smile.

me: laying in my bed

hamzah: ur actually boring as helllllll

me: im trying to find something to do

dhmu