Strange Things

It was the early afternoon, the sounds of a bustling town was at every corner, no matter where you walked. Just mindless conversation passing by that the high-schooler picked up on. News, stories, gossip, nothing really interesting that stuck out to the teenager as of yet.

They let out a sigh, their legs ached from running around all day and serving food to so many people. Soon enough, they walked through an ally, setting their backpack on the small bench. "Ah.. my legs hurt.." They mumbled, pushing their back against the wall as the subtle ache in their legs slowly began to disappear.

Willow had been working all day, as they usually do all week long. It was lucky that they got their paycheck today, they didn't know how long they could last out here without being able to buy any food. They searched through their bag, pulling out a small plastic bag that had the items they bought from the store. It had several water bottles in it, plus a few snacks that would last for the next of the week. They took a water bottle out before wrapping the bag up once more, they needed to save it for later. After pulling out a sketchbook and a pencil, Willow pulled their legs up on the bench, which supported the sketchbook up and made it easier to draw. Flipping through the pages, their eyes land on one of their most recent drawing.

It was one of the few drawings that they managed to fully finish, it was based off a repeated dream that occurs every night. It was strange to say the least. While they sometimes have dreams that are the same, this was the first time they had the same dream for multiple nights in a row. The drawing contained three monster like creatures. The left was a robot, the right was a wolf or maybe a panther? Willow didn't know exactly what is was supposed to be but they liked the horn like drill on its head. The middle one confused them the most. "I still don't know what you are... little.. red thing." They said to the pencil shaded drawing. It was a bipedal monster with a V over its head with headphones, it looked a bit robotic but they didn't know exactly if it was a robot.

"You're cute though, I like you." They said to themselves, before flipping to the next page, a clean blank page for their new potential sketches and drabbles. What to draw now? Perhaps a character from their imaginative stories? Or perhaps a real life person, though they didn't know who to draw and they couldn't draw themselves, they weren't pretty enough. Willow let a groan, their mind hurting and scrambled from trying to gather ideas, they didn't even feel like drawing anymore. They sighed, setting the pencil down.

"Have you heard the news recently?" A young women asks, Willow looked up, seeing two women walking by, holding ice creams in their hands. "Oh yeah, those poor kids.. I hope somebody finds them soon." The voices of the women faded away but they heard enough. They heard about some kids going missing a while back, though it didn't have anything to do with them. The ice creams they had looked pretty good though, it wouldn't hurt to get some for themselves. They counted their money, seeing if they had enough to spare.

Perhaps if they skipped buying some food for one day, or if they're lucky enough they could catch an ice cream truck, their ice cream is usually cheaper than the ones the store sells. Willow slightly frowned, it might be best not to splurge on something so inefficient. They sighed, those ice creams really did look good. "Welp.. I got nothing better to do, let's see.." They searched through their bag, but nothing of any importance.

So it was going to be another slow day huh?

Willow walked by on the sidewalk, when they have nothing better to do, might as well take a walk around the city or the park. It was something they usually did, for most of their life anyways. They gently slapped their cheeks. No. now wasn't the time to think about the past, you'll get depressed and you'll end up crying and people are going to stare. They continued walking by before the sounds of the screams came up, causing everyone in the vicinity to turn their head, including Willow.