Chapter 23.

Third Person POV

"How close are we?" Reece looks at Atlas. 

"After they left the house they went to the casino 5 blocks away. we can see them leaving, they drove off on the interstate. That's where we lose them. I have the tech guys working on it trying to find them." Atlas told him. 

"Ok, so are we telling Valencia?" Knox asks the two. 

"No, if we do we would have to explain and that could get back to Emerson. He's not ready we need to hold off until we know he is in a better place." Reece explains himself shaking his head. He stands up from his desk and walks over to a small cabinet holding alcohol. He pours himself a glass of scotch, sighing, and looks at the cabinet glass. 

"What do we do until then?" Atlas asks worried for his family. Since he moved out he's seen less of his family but the stress has only grown on all of them. 

"We hide it from him. Don't let him know about us. When the time is right we'll tell him. Until then we keep looking for her shitty parents." Reece turns back around, sitting back in his chair. 

"What do we do when we find them?" Knox asks him. 

"I was thinking of a quick death. Limit their time on this Earth." Reece says. 

"Really I was thinking torture. Make it real slow and painful. Make them feel the same pain and fear." Knox says with his voice deepening. The other two men in the room seemed unbothered. One thing that was made clear to the entire underground world they were involved in Knox hated abusers. 

His mother had ruined his life when it came to her abuse. He was often a victim trying to protect the younger kids. He often failed and they were both punished. He dedicated most of his life to getting back at Jasmine. 

"We'll have to figure out the plan when we find them. I want every available person on this,  a bonus is in order for whoever finds them." Reece tells Atlas pointing at him. Atlas nods, he'll go over to the warehouse after their meeting to tell everyone the information. 

The three sit in mild silence for a second thinking over the last few days. A young broken girl is staying with them while they hunt down her parents, hiding all of it from their youngest family member. 

Emersonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें