Part 2 (Alexandria's POV)

This is one of my favorite chapters. No idea why. I just really like it. And listening to the song Al is listening to (Love Someone by Lukas Graham) really helps set the mood. Maybe not for the beginning of the chapter, but more towards the middle. THANK YOUU!! BUT LIKE, THATS A LOT OF WORDS. 1357 WORDS I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Alexandria walked to her locker, and opened it up. The face of Vaams was stuck in her head as she put her long-board in her locker. Three notes fell to the ground, and she quickly picked them up. She read the first one, and immediately was surprised. In fact, she was knocked back a step as she read it. An invite. To a party. A pool party, as a matter of fact.

It was an invite to a birthday party for the most popular girl at her high-school. Brooke Rogers was the most popular girl at her school, and by far the prettiest girl. From her long, wavy, blond hair, her big blue eyes, light skin, pink lips, larger chest, and the best outfits. As for Alexandria, she had long, curly mocha hair, tan skin, hazel eyes, and was the most country anyone could be. She only wore jeans, baggy shirts or plaid shirts, cowboy boots, hats, and Pit Vipers. Alexandria only had two friends, unlike Brooke. She always had many boys at her side, acting like her servants. She only ever invited other popular people to her parties, and Alexandria was definitely not popular.

She set the note aside, and grabbed the second note. It was from her mom, and Alexandria's heart sank as she read it over and over again. On vacation. Will be back in two months. No "love you" or anything. But she was used to it by now. Her parents were never home anymore, leaving Alexandria alone. She crumpled the note in anger, and tossed it away. A single tear escaped her eye, and she quickly brushed it away. She brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes, and grabbed the last note. Her stomach flipped about fifty times as she read the carefully written note. Sit by me at lunch, please. I really enjoyed our little slip up! - Vaams. She stared at the note for another thirty seconds before smiling. She placed the note in her backpack, and looked at the time. Oh no! I am gonna be late! she thought, rushing to get the rest of her books. As she reached into her locker, she felt someone poke her on the shoulder. She turned around and nearly died. There stood Brooke, looking as beautiful as ever with her perfectly styled hair and heart-shaped lips.

"Hey, Alexandria!" She said, tossing her hair behind her back. She's talking to me, Alexandria thought. She gave a small, "hello" before taking her hat off and fixing her hair. She took her Pit Vipers off too, and tossed them into her locker, along with her hat. She smiled at Brooke, and Brooke smiled at her. 

"Did I see you talking to Vaams earlier? I am just asking, I don't like him or anything. I would never  do that to you." She smirked, and Alexandria said, "What do you mean?" She blushed, realizing what she meant. "I don't like him, I just . . ." She looked down at her boots, feeling embarrassed. She couldn't admit she thought he was adorable in front of the prettiest girl at her high school. It was social suicide. (See what I did there ;) Its from a movie. See if you can guess in the comments!)

"Well, I think he likes you. Did you see the way he looked at you? He was obviously flirting with you. I mean, who wouldn't? You are really pretty." Alexandria blushed at the compliment, and muttered a "thanks" before turning to go to class. Brooke said something to her, but she wasn't paying attention. She was too focused on what Brooke had said about the way Vaams looked at her. He was obviously flirting with you. The thought kept circling her mind as she walked to her Math class. She was still thinking about Vaams as she walked through the ten rows of seats.

She was completely oblivious to everything around her as she sat down in her usual back row desk. She placed her backpack on the ground, and got a math book out, math notebook, math folder, pencil, and pen out. She put them on her desk in one corner, and grabbed her other notebook from her backpack. It was he sketching notebook. She also grabbed her airpods and phone, and put the song Love Someone by Lukas Graham. The song started playing, and she started singing along softly, forgetting the world around her. Even her own body seemed to fade into a blur.

Alexandria had always loved drawing, along with singing. She had been told by teachers, family members, and friends that she had a beautiful voice, and she had started to believe it too. She was also complimented on her art by Sophia and Analisa, mainly since she had only ever showed them her drawings.

She took her pencil and started to sketch a wonderfully detailed butterfly. It had large, heart shaped wings, a slim body, long antenna, and exquisitely detailed wings. Small circles, small swirls, large circles, large swirls. She traced the pencil down the edge of the wing, just as a certain part of the song came on: the chorus. It went like this:

'Cause when you love someone
You open up your heart
When you love someone
You make room
If you love someone
And you're not afraid to lose 'em
You probably never loved someone like I do

She blushed as she realized that was so true. She loved Sophia and Analisa, and she had opened up to them. Even if she was different. But there was someone she was missing. She knew it. She could feel it. She sang a little louder for the chorus. She stopped when someone tapped her on the shoulder. When she turned her head, her heart fluttered again. It was Vaams. 

He looked at her, and flashed his beaming smile. She blushed, and looked down. She closed her notebook, and put it away, along with her phone and airpods. She zipped it closed, and then froze. She sat up, blushing harder. She realized that he had heard her singing, and he told her she a beautiful voice. Her blush deepened, and she tried to find something to occupy herself besides staring into his eyes. Her back hurt from the weight of her secret. It was starting to reveal itself, so she fixed her shirt so that it was harder to see. When Vaams cocked his head, she became very interested in the wall across from them. He cleared his throat, filling the eerie silence. 

"Isn't it a coincidence that we are in the same class?" He asked her, smirking again. She nodded slowly, smiling more and more with every second. He leaned closer to her, and her heart beat faster. 

"Did you get my note?" He asked, and she nodded again, this time looking at him. She hadn't realized how close his face was to hers, and her blush deepened. He smiled again, and understood that she was planning on sitting by him at lunch. He backed up, and grabbed his phone. He was texting someone, and suddenly Alexandria's phone buzzed. She unzipped the pocket where her phone was, and turned it on. She smiled at the notification. It was from Vaams, and it was a simple "hi" he had texted. 

She opened up the messages and responded with a waving emoji. He smiled, and responded something. Alexandria looked and her heart stopped. She held her breath. She closed her eyes. She straightened her posture. She read the text over and over again. But she couldn't believe it. It was the best thing she had ever heard, but was still not understandable. Well, since, no one had ever had a crush on her.

I think we would look really cute together. VERY.