One Dance to Remember by a Glance

Depuis le début

"Same question tum par bhi apply karta hai…Chipkali!" He snapped back whilst grabbing hold of her fingers, twirling her around and then abruptly pulling her straight back towards him again.

However this time, closer than they both started with or even imagined, because her hands were now pressed against the facet of his torso and his arm enveloped around the entire frame of her figure that if either of them were to face the other, then it wouldn't take a genius to realise that their noses would just be an inch apart from contacting.

Therefore, they set their mind on looking downwards, with her head just above his shoulder and his chin in line with her forehead, they silently danced and remained in each other's embrace.

Till Aarohi stumbled upon her dress and instantaneously grasped onto his shoulders from the back to prevent her from falling as she shut her eyes tightly in fear.

All the while, Neil knew no boundaries as he held onto her protectively, (moving to the music) allowing her heavy breathing that aerated onto his neck to leisurely return to its steady pace, before he chose to speak.

"Tum theek ho?" He inquired at last, his heart suddenly racing at the idea of his confident chipkali being scared of anything, which was something he'd experienced during his brother’s wedding functions and found intolerable back then too - though he had no idea why.

"Hmm." She responded after a while, nodding her head that was cushioned beside his jaw, bringing a sense of relief to him as he released the breath he hadn't realised he held and mumbled under his breath. "Thank God."

Aarohi then took a quick grip on herself, lifting her head off from him and resuming the dance steps with her nose held high because if there's anything she detested the most in life, it was sympathy. Or better say, fake sympathy, which was something she's grown accustomed to receiving, ever since her mother passed away, whether it was from her family members or anyone else. 

No one's ever cared about her or how she feels, so why would he? 

Yes, she has narrated a part of her and shared a little insight of her injustice feelings to him, just to convey the empathy she had towards him for what he's been through. But Aarohi was a closed book, the pages that are deeply inscribed onto her heart were only accessible by people she chose to show to and surely, Neil was far from that.

Or so she thought.

Little did she know that Neil is the Sherlock who'd been attempting to distinguish, solve and dismantle this pretty mystery ever since he first got to know her true side. The one she masks under the cold heart, brave warrior and audacious form, all reflecting through her mystical brown eyes.

As he observed the girl suddenly alter her behaviour and twist away from him to avert her gaze, he knew just then that those round eyes were a small window to her emotions, and perhaps a key, a hint or an open opportunity for him to understand and empathise with her, more than he thought he already did. 

Therefore, he had the strong urge to see them. He had to see them. 

In the meantime, a strident gasp escaped the agitated fay's lips as the large hand that kept hold of her, jerked her towards her left. This resulted in her entire body to pivot across him until he quite smoothly yet firmly, clutched both her hands and caged her petite frame into his arms as her back crashed into him - leaving her numb and speechless.

Even her heart started betraying her, rapidly knocking against her ribs so excessively that she could hear it screaming to break down its walls. But why?

Neil didn't even have any of the qualities she requires from her dream guy so if her heartbeats increased to this rate, then there must be some other perfect explanation.