A few seconds later, Descamps got up and followed her leaving Dupin to come up with other idiotic ideas for their project. The girl was at the end of the corridor standing in the sunlight falling out the window. In front of her was Jean-Pierre, he studied the exchange every smile and movement although he could not see her face. Filled with curious suspicion he watched from afar trying to not draw any attention to himself. Jean-Pierre stretched an open hand towards her and she took it her hands tracing something on it. Of course it had to be that worm. Whatever they had going on he wouldn't let it occur peacefully, especially when it involved Jean-Pierre. Joseph couldn't help to envy this intimate moment between them, where they spoke to one another like friends. He realised that every time Dahlia and him talked it was forced by some fate or predicament.

Dahlia departed from the prim boy leaving him standing there alone. His eyes met Joseph's only seconds after. He gave him a terrible scowl and  mouthed 'what?' through gritted teeth. An awful smile crept onto Joseph Descamps face, one that could be seen on the face of the devil when he had come up with his wicked idea and even after when he fooled mankind. Joseph Descamps was not to be trusted, he was reckless and cunning. With this new information he had come to know, he took a gleeful step into the classroom.

Dahlia had finally reached the library where she was going to find some information on her exposé about some French president. Along the way she had bumped into Jean-Pierre. It started with a polite smile but they started talking. It was if they had been friends before and they had known each other in some past life. "How is your meeting going? hopefully good." Dahlia said knocking on the wooden frame so supposably the devil wouldn't hear. "Didn't know you were so superstitious, do you do palm readings too?" He chuckled at her strange behaviour, her brown eyes brightened in the sunlight that stroke her face. "Yeh why you want a reading all of a sudden?" She joked her mind drifting to her mother, if her mother had heard her words she would be in a nunnery for doing the work of the devil.

He nods putting his large hands out she takes it and pretends to read his hand by tracing some unusual wrinkles in his hand. "Hmm it says you will have one wife but two lovers." She spoke her wisdom to the boy. "Wow bet it's Audrey Hepburn. Anything about today?" He said smiling trying to contain his serious composure. She couldn't help but laugh about his ridiculous delusion, "Yeh look, that's an A for Audrey looks like your fated," she added pointing at a nonexistent wrinkle that formed the initial A, "The verdict for today is you'll be fine." She dropped his hand. He felt the warmth of her hand leave his and the stir in his stomach stopped. With that beauty she probably had the same affect on every boy she came in contact with. Even the slightest brush was enough for them to fall in her trance. She patted his well padded shoulder and left him standing there in the shadow of the frame of the window. His eyes slowly fell on a dark figure who to his fear may have been looming over this moment. What? He mouthed at the boy who stood staring at this new opportunity to cause havoc. A smile stretched slowly from one side to the other before he slipped back into his classroom. Jean-Pierre was sure that the silly boy would tell Dupin what he saw in an instant. However, he wasn't bothered as it was utterly nothing. He brought the same hand she touched and looked at it as if something had miraculously changed.

Dahlia hadn't showed up in her last classes of the day causing the girl to worry a bit. Like a kettle the worrying feeling bubbled until at the end of class when she stilled hadn't appeared. Even the teacher had questioned her absence. "Where could she be, imagine she got hurt?" Simone said her imagination running past her about all sorts of things that Dahlia could fall victim to. Michèle thought about who she could have been speaking to last, "let's ask Laubrac they were talking about their project maybe he knows." Michèle shrugged hoping he had an inkling of where she could have wondered off to. They walked towards the boy who although was aware of the girls approaching didn't stop shoving stuff in his bag. "Laubrac have you seen are friend Dahlia she was speaking to you last right?" He looked up at Michèle slightly nervous. He shook his head to their dismay, "no we were talking about are lack of knowledge on French presidents and I haven't seen her since she stepped out of class." He said feeling bad about how unhelpful his knowledge was. The girl thanked him and started talking Annick who was equally worried, "she fine I doubt it anything big, you give me a call if you don't find her or if something happened though alright." Annick tried to reassure Simone who was really beginning to worry. They left the classroom collectively still talking about Dahlia's disappearance when Simone had bumped into Jean-Pierre and they began to talk about his meeting. Jean-Pierre's meeting had sounded like it went as good as it possibly could and that he was able to just get by deep consequences. Michèle was relieved some part of her felt slightly guilty for that day, "Seems like father will be happy. by the way have you seen Dahlia she didn't come back to afternoon classes?" She asked but ultimately doubting he had as they weren't very close.

"Urh actually I did, she was heading towards the library." His answer had shocked Michèle slightly but Simone more as her eyes widen in suspicion. "What? And you guys spoke?" She asked rather nosey about their encounter. He nodded with a straight smile, "I'll see you at home Michèle." He turned to his sister before leaving with his group of friends into the courtyard. Michèle and Simone decided it was best to check the library just incase she had fainted or something in there and no one had noticed. When they had gone in it was desolate and in the far corner was a girl slumped over pile of books. Simone nudged her, "is she dead." She said scared by her unresponsive body. Michèle decided to shake the girl which made her jump up from her seat in a fright, "what was that!?" She said looking around her messy hair falling into her face. "You fell asleep." Michèle stated laughing at her frantic state. "You had us worried sick don't you know?" Simone said holding her heart that was just racing with fear earlier. "Well it's fine now I'm awake let's go to class, are we late?" She asked completely clueless of the time. Simone shook her head, "you slept through it, let's go home." She said tugging on her sleeve. Dahlia couldn't believe it she hadn't realised that the few seconds that she had closed her eyes for had spanned out into a long hour or two. The girls had laughed about endlessly and Michèle pulled a few of her creative jokes.

Heading home she felt an odd freshness an effect from her slumber. The feeling that evokes when she would wake up in an exotic country, sun blaring down at her and past her fingertips. Creating large shadows of memories into the pavement.

WRITERS NOTE:Dear fellow readers, Forgive me, I accidentally published the wrong chapter

WRITERS NOTE:
Dear fellow readers,
Forgive me, I accidentally published the wrong chapter. IM JUST A GIRL, oops.

Mes plus sincères condoléances.