The Bride's Family

Start from the beginning

Julius understood that, and to be honest, could completely relate. He would have wanted no more than to tell Ricardo now happy news. Or, at the very least, some decent news. But, he couldn't. He couldn't without lying, so with a heavy heart he confirmed the awful truth.

" Nothing, just a false lead."

Ricardo shook his head in acceptance. It was foolish what he was doing, but he can't help himself.

An awkward silence followed these words. Rationally this shouldn't have happened. it was obvious that Julius had nothing good to bring. If he had, he would have already informed the rest via a letter. But, they are all humans, even if some have much more hair and sharp teeth. They all, deep down held their breath hoping for a miracle. They knew it was never going to happen, but there is some part of their being that simply couldn't but hope.

Yet, not all was so bleak. The kingdom at least is taking this case seriously. If there is any hope of getting Ana back or learning what had happened to her. The kingdom was their best bet to realize that hoped future.

But, those were not only lighter parts of this life, there are others. Ones that are small, yet so impactful.

" Mimi and Tivey, returned a few days ago as well." In an attempt to lighten the mood. Ricardo broth Julius the news he knew the purple knight will love.

Once he heard this a small smile formed on Julius's face. This was indeed nice to hear, so he answered in kind.

" Really? Nice to hear that."

Ricardo smiled at this response.

" Yeah, they did." his smile broke into a more neutral expression as he added, " They neither had much luck."

" That is truly unfortunate." Julius's words clearly portrayed just how tired he was. He barely slept and took no rest during this expedition. He would do day in and day out, do everything in his power to further the search. He contacted local nobility, searched for the best merchants, and inquired about their knowledge. But, in the end, all of that effort was fruitless.

Recognizing his friend's condition Ricardo tried to offer help.

" You'll tell me all about your journey, but after you take some rest."

" I am fine Ricardo." Julius protested.

" Man, you're only lying to yourself." without skipping a beat Ricardo replied.

Julius was silent for a moment. He thought clearly in his head, and after a few seconds, he relented. "You are probably right."

The wolfman smiled at this. " Of course, I am. Now, take some rest so we can talk."

With those words, these two men temporarily parted ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julius was quietly sitting on the edge of his bed. He was supposed to try and get some rest. Perhaps even sleep for a few hours. Yet, no matter how hard he tried he couldn't make himself do that.

He tried and tried, over and over again. But, he simply couldn't. His thoughts would never let him. They would always bring forth the only question that mattered to this " knight".

Where is she?

In his inability to rest, Julius would rise and sit on the bed's edge. The placement wasn't random. No, it served a particular purpose. Because it allowed him to clearly look at the object of his attention.

It is predominantly white, with some traces of black here and there. it was decently large, as needed to be in order to fit this tall young man. It was primarily made of some silk material, but there were some leather parts.