01. ❛𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢❜

"come on baby"

"come on baby"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚。.・゜✭・❤・✫・゜・。.*✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

TW: vomit and brief sexual assault

kiara lay sprawled on her bed, notebooks and textbooks strewn haphazardly around her. her time at the "kook academy," as she called it, coming to an end. graduation loomed just two weeks away, with summer eagerly awaiting beyond finals and graduation practice. shutting her english and marine biology books, she rolled onto her back, pressing the heels of her hands against her temples.

"kiara!" she sat up when she heard her name called. "kiara, honey." it was her mother, anna. "rafe's here to see you."

kiara had met rafe cameron a few months ago at school. they had struck up conversations, sharing the same classes. so far, their relationship had been wonderful, with one notable exception, rafe's unpredictable temper. the switch flipped easily, and his annoyance escalated quickly. while nothing had happened to kiara during their time together, the thought always stayed in her mind.

"one sec!" she called down to her mother and rafe. she looked at her school clothes, resenting the uniform's monotony. she took off the pleated skirt and polo putting on jean shorts and a shirt.

running down the stairs, she found her mother talking with rafe. "hi, sweetheart," her mother said. "rafe was just telling me about your plans for the day."

kiara shot rafe a skeptical look. she hadn't made any plans, let alone known he was coming today. her mother beamed at rafe. "well, you two go have fun. you need to be back by seven for dinner, kiara."

a half-assed smile showed Kiara's face as rafe walked toward the front door. "i like him," her mother whispered in her ear, out of rafe's earshot. kiara rolled her eyes. of course, everyone loved rafe. the camerons held a huge reputation, and kiara couldn't help but think of her mother's constant reminder... 'you need to find a good guy with a good family, kiara. we need to keep the family status when you get married." she also emphasized 'family status,' making sure kiara knew never to end up with a pogue. as much as she was sure she probably wouldn't end up with rafe, she was pretty sure a pogue wouldn't be it.