She’s caring and uncaring at the same time, if that makes sense.

“Well, get treated. I have some food on there; eat before you start another session of pain, all right?” See? She acts caring yet uncaring. Her actions are complicated.

“Thank you.” I say when I see that she’s ready to leave the room to me alone.

I cannot thank her enough. Because of her, I don’t eat just once a day.

“Well, hurry.” She’s about to open the door when I clear my throat, stopping her in her tracks. “Talk...fast.”

“I... I don’t know if I should talk about this with you, but,”

“Then do not. If you’re looking for someone to give you comfort, I will not.”

“You’ve given me enough comfort.” The distance between my brows lessens as I sheepishly raise my gaze at her. “I just...it’s all too much coming from different junctions, different people. Everyone in here is disgusted, and I have come to the conclusion that it gives the brothers some pathetic and psychopathical delight. I want to kill myself, but witches aren’t allowed to kill themselves. It’s taboo. There’s a chance that if I do, I won’t be reconnected with my family and be returned to the earth, and much worse, no one would bury me into the ground, not to talk of my body being under there forever.”

I finish in silence, with Melissa not saying anything. She opens the door, and stopping at the threshold, she speaks. “I have some plans. Try not to die yet. You don’t want to go to hell anyway.”

“Uh?”

“You did have a lot of spirit when you arrived here, talking about escaping and shits like that, so don’t die yet.” And she disappears.

What plans?

Oh, fuck, is she planning to escape?

My head hurts from the imagination, and I shake it off. Not long after, I dressed up in a simple black gown that Melissa gifted me. I don’t have anything to call my own here.

I am smiling, thinking about whatever plans Melissa has when it all washes down the gutter at someone hitting me on the shoulder with theirs as they pass by.

“The triplets have been asking for you for... about an hour or so now. They asked me to call you, but oh, I forgot.” Comments the maid in front of me, having stopped to be sarcastic.

I flare my eyes in distress, my heart already quickening, fear gripping me in shackles, and I just run without even asking her for more information.

“There’s a guard waiting for you outside.” Her voice rises, so I can hear.

Please, I don’t want to be punished again for the offense of being late when it’s not even my fault.

I’m suddenly swooned off of my feet by a strong hand, and I whelp on the air when I see that it is the guard the maid mentioned.

“You piece of garbage, how dare you keep me waiting?” He says then throws me down onto the ground. Quickly, I pick myself up and apologize.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t receive the information soon.”

“What the fuck is this thing spilling?” He stretches his hand to hit me, making me press my lips together as I was ready for another shot of pain, but it didn’t come. “You should have seen your face.” Oh, he’s having fun scaring me now?

At least, I’m glad that he didn’t hit me.

“Now, walk.” Immediately after he orders, I stand up and start to walk. My left leg hurt from the strength with which he hit me to the ground earlier, so I slowed down a little, and before I knew it, he kicked me in the back, hitting directly at my spinal cord.

Pain shoots out of me, shattering every will that I have inside not to show a reaction, but I just can’t help it. Laughing at my discomfort, he waits for me to stand up again.

“Walk properly, or I’d do more.” I dare not hurry in my walk, regardless of my back screaming at me to take a rest or my feet wailing for some balmy massage session.

When the guard shoves me into the room, I quickly bury my head earthward. “Masters, you call for me.”

“Get us some coffee.” My ears pick on Kieran’s order, and quickly, I nod my head, going to the coffee machine to pour them coffee.

“... combat yet. That alone is fishy. Something is up, and we must find that out.” I hear Kade speak to someone.

I’m passing the coffee to each person’s front and notice that there are two other faces in the room that I haven’t seen before. They look like butlers, sending chills down my spine at their stoic expressions.

Something is off in this room—a tension that I cannot understand.