Chapter 33. Just Like Old Times

Flashback — July 1992; Encino, CA

Flashback
— July 1992; Encino, CA

Little Erica carefully opened the door to Priscilla and Bobby's bedroom, her little white bear clutched in her arm, and walked to her mother's side of the bed, and gently shook her awake.

"Mommy." Erica said as she clutched the white bear in her arms

Priscilla gently stirred awake, and held Erica's small hand in her own. "What's the matter, my darling? Are you alright?"

Erica shook her head no, and wiped her tears with her free hand, as she kept her beautiful white bear clutched in her arm. "I had a bad dream. Will you come lay by me?"

"Of course, come on honey." Priscilla said, as she gently moved Bobby's arm from around her waist and took her daughter's small hand in her own

In Erica's bedroom, where photos of family and friends adorned the bedroom wall, Priscilla laid her down and placed the covers over her daughter, while Lisa hugged the stuffed bear to her.

"There you go, dear one." Priscilla smiled as she ran her fingers through her daughter's brunette hair. "Are you comfy?"

Erica nodded as she took her mother's hand in her own. "Can you sing to me mommy? The song you always sing? I promise I'll go right to sleep."

Priscilla smiled as she laid down in the bed beside her daughter. Erica turned to face her mother, and Priscilla held her close and ran her fingers though her daughter's brunette hair as she began to sing Elton John's Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me.

Since Erica was a baby, she grew up on Elton John, but she grew up on classic rock as well, given the fact it had always been one of Bobby's favorite music genres. Instead of the traditional lullabies a classic rock song was always sung to the young girl.

Erica softly yawned as she began to close her beautiful violet eyes. Once she was asleep, Priscilla kissed her forehead and carefully got out of bed.

"Good night, my precious. I love you." Priscilla smiled as she covered her daughter up and placed the stuffed bear next to her.

Present Day
— Late September 2017; Santa Monica Beach, Los Angeles, CA

After a long, and gruesome week at work, Erica and Sylvie hit the beach, which was empty, given the fact it was only 10 am. Normally on summer days, the beach is packed, with all the valley kids playing volleyball, surfing or sunbathing, but today, it was empty.

The two best friends were sitting on their beach towels, listening to the sounds of the crashing waves, and Priscilla's old radio, which played Kokomo by the Beach Boys.

Erica wore a light blue two piece with black rhinestone sunglasses, while Sylvie opted for a red one piece, a white silk bow, with matching white sunglasses