Whispers In the Shackles

This was it , my chance I had to take it no matter what

I was desperate, now a month had passed since I hatched my plans to escape and placed all my hopes on the guard at the door "Lutem" almost half the money I had received from leila I gave him, with the hope that he would be of great help to me.

It was the night I was leaving, I gathered only the necessities and began to sneakily make my way out but I heard a sound and stopped in my tracks, the fear of being caught had me in a chokehold , my heart beating rapidly, beads of sweat dripping down my head, my arms shaking heavily, my mind rattling, coming up with many scenarios but then.............

 I heard their voices , "Don't worry , I made sure Ayla left and a slave trader is ready to take her to the whorehouse" my heart fell and a tear fell down my face when I saw who he was talking to , Leila, she replied " Good job, my love and make sure my father doesn't hear of this I knew he liked her quite a lot and had plans for her".

With hearing all that,  anger ran through my veins , the betrayal hit me like a bag of rocks, I thought "she should've just killed me when she had the chance now I was going to make her life hell".

With that I began to leave but the sound of the leaves against my feet gave me away

She turned around and I acted as if I was just approaching, shock spreading all over her face , she said "Ayla, why are you here?" 

And I looked dumbfounded and replied to her  "I was out taking a walk" and I thought she believed me but with the slap she gave me sending me flying to the ground I knew she knew

She then yelled "aghas, take this slave away from my sight"  

While I was dragged to the dungeon I was in my own world a smile gracing the corner of my lips my eyes filled to the brim and all i could think is I cannot change it and neither do i regret , the one question that was in my mind was why 

2 Months later

The days went by like hours, the leaves began to wither and fall  just like my heart ,broken into pieces. Ultimately I gave up and began to wait for my impending doom.

In this time alone in this cold cell I figured out it was obvious but I wondered how I was so stupid to believe it would be that easy to leave this place I knew the someone was behind lutem, and If I was going to die soon or suffer like this he was going to suffer too .

3 months later

 I had started to go over my life from the moment I was born I was seen as a mistake.

 A bastard of Neo, the second son of the Capparo family and Niseria, the widow of a minister in the sultan's court.

I was only 5 when I was sent to to be raised by my grandmother and for a small while Niseria "graced" me with her presents and I primarily took care of my baby sister Esmanah until she was 6 and Nesaria took her back.

 At times like this I picture her face afterall she was the only real family I ever knew . 

Before I made this decisions I wondered if anyone missed me, who searched for me and most of all, I wondered what I was willing to do to survive.

Then I decided I had to forget the past and look to the future. My name is Ayla, I will survive.

Now survival and revenge were my ultimate goals

(642 words)