Episode 0 (prologue)

note: this story will have some bad writing as i don't know how to use these ,.!? but i will use a text editor to fix it up but give me your thoughts (the image above is not mine as the modernized yamato is based on it)

___________________________________________________________________________

On April 7, 1945, instead of the Yamato, the Nagato took its place in Operation Ten-Go. This deviation led to a series of events where the Yamato became a war trophy for the United States. The US Naval Intelligence desired to study the ship and keep it as a research vessel. Consequently, when the Yamato was chosen for the Bikini Atoll tests, it was withheld, and naval officers saw it as a valuable prize to test its capabilities. Renamed Georgia BB-72, the Yamato underwent upgrades with US radars and other electronic systems. Since the US lacked the means to produce its components, shells, guns, and other parts were manufactured in Japan, which had the original dockyard and facilities for its construction and maintenance. This arrangement continued until 1962 when Japan reacquired the Yamato, shortly after establishing the Japan Self-Defense Force.

As battleships became obsolete and aircraft carriers replaced them, Japan repurposed the Yamato as a defense ship. Battleships became part of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force's defense doctrine and were considered defensive weapons under Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution. The Yamato continued to serve in this role until 1986-1992, when it underwent its final modernization.

During this modernization process, the Yamato's old engines and boilers were replaced with new ones, including a gas turbine engine in a combined steam and gas layout (COSAG) to enhance stability. Additional bulges were added to improve torpedo defense and stability.

The Yamato belonged to the Yamato-class defense battleship (DBB) category, which also included the planned but canceled Kii (originally Warship 798) and the Owari (originally Warship 799), which continued in the new world as a component and advanced technology testbed.

Here are the specifications of the Yamato-class defense battleship:

Yamato-class Defense Battleship (DBB)

Ships in Class

Yamato

Kii (Originally Warship 798) (Planned to be constructed but canceled. Now continued in the new world.)

Owari (Originally Warship 799) (Planned to be constructed to be built as a componet and weapon advanced technology testbed.)

Length 264m

Beam 42m

Draft 10.4m

Hight 56m/63m (Keel to Mast) (With aft Mast)

Weight 65,920t (Empty) 68,809t (Combat) 73,642t (Max Load)

Armor

Main Belt 41cm
Upper Belt 27cm
Lower Belt 27cm
Ends 25.5cm

Main deck 22cm
Middle deck 5.7cm
Lower deck 20.3cm

Conning Tower 50cm

Main Turret's
Facing 65cm
Sides 25.4cm
Roof 27cm
Rear 19cm

Speed 32.5 Knot's

Main Armament

3x3 46cm/45 tType 94

2x3 15.5cm/60 Type 3 Kai /x2 12.7cm/54 Oto Melara Compact (kii modification)

x4 20mm Phalanx CIWS

1x2 MK-49 RAM

missiles

x16 Type 90 SSM

32 BGM-109 Tomahawk ABL

RIM-66

RUM-139 ASROC

Cruising range: 17,500 nautical miles at 16 knots

In this alternate timeline, the Yamato played a crucial role in defense against China, which had Type 055 destroyers, and Russia, which possessed a Kirov nuclear cruiser as Yamato is Reactivated for Service Which it Will take One and a Half Years to Complete to Return to Service.

In 2015, Japan was suddenly transferred to another world. (This is where the original story continued, the same as the canon story, but the new world war half will change.)