How To Get The Girl Sneak Peek Chapter

IMPORTANT:

This is NOT the full chapter so be sure NOT to skip over this chapter when you read the full book!

I have omitted certain parts of this chapter as I would rather they be read when the full book is released!

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feelings on this chapter so please be sure to comment!

Enjoy!

Lacie

"So did you get to talk much today?" I asked my little sister as I ran a brush through her hair.

Grace was the only member of our family with straight hair. Mom was waves. Dad was curls, And I was waves and curls.

As much as I enjoyed my hair texture, I also enjoyed styling Grace's silky, smooth locks.

"A little." She scooted back closer to me on my bed.

"I'm trying to spend more time with her at recess since we're not in the same class."

"Thank you, Grace," I said gratefully. "I know it's out of your comfort zone to approach people like that."

"Yeah but with Ava I'm starting not to feel that way," she confided.

"I feel like we understand each other since we're both shy. My other friends are fun but they don't always understand how it feels to be scared to talk to people."

"Exactly, you and Ava share that in common. It's a point of connection," I agreed.

After Saturday when Ava told me, that the girls at school were still bullying her, I felt compelled to try and get Grace to spend time with her.

I couldn't go and confront the mean girls or spend time with Ava at school, but Grace could.

Grace was a firecracker personality hidden beneath her shy exterior. She just only showed that side of her to a select few people.

Regardless, I knew Grace's innate kindness and empathy surpassed any traces of timidity, and I was confident that she would come to Ava's defense.

Unlike Jessa apparently, Ava's ex-friend who had sided with the bullies.

"I don't even know why anyone would be mean to Ava. She's super nice," Grace said.

I placed her golden tikka on her head and adjusted it.

"Neither do I. I'll never understand why people choose to hurt the kindest of souls."

Adding the headpiece was the final part of the hair routine.

Grace stood from the bed to face me.

She was clothed in an emerald lehenga with golden Zari work and a golden Choli.

"How do I look?" Grace twirled in her skirt.

I smiled.

"I think it's safe to say you wear lehengas the best out of all three of us."

Instead of a "Thanks", Grace said, "Duh," and tossed her hair over her shoulder.

I laughed in surprise.

"A thank you would have been just fine."

"Nope. In her first book, Princess Jaida said, "If I know it's true, why say thank you?" she pointed out the quote from one of my children's fantasy stories.

Placing a hand on my chest, I said,

"All the compliments you gave me, I give to myself each morning," finishing the quote sending us both into giggles.