22 | Final Three

Zacznij od początku

Treech quickly threw himself back as he noticed a stray snake slithering around the axe, seemingly interested in the foreign object that had entered its domain. Lucy Gray seemed equally as spooked, letting out a yelp as the snake hissed at the two of them, jolting toward them in a flash.

Immediately, the two tributes pulled themselves off of the ground, hoping to get far enough away from the snake. But the snake persisted, inching toward them with an odd fury.

How was he going to get out of this one? This snake was relentless. He'd be dead in a minute if the snake managed to get to him.

He needed to get the snake to attack Lucy Gray.

So, with one final look, Treech pushed forward toward the snake before kicking it in Lucy Gray's direction, causing her to flail on the ground as the snake attacked her.

And then, with all the adrenaline left in his body, Treech flung himself toward the axe, quickly picking it up off of the ground before swinging it down on Lucy Gray, axing her right in the chest.

Treech let out a heavy breath as he watched the girl from Twelve stare up at him with utter fear in her eyes before she finally stopped moving. Whether it was Treech's axe or the snake bite that killed her, Treech couldn't tell. 

But one thing was certain. He had just killed someone. Again.

Treech let out a sigh before ripping the axe out of Lucy Gray's chest and swinging it down toward the snake that slithered by her hair, killing it for good.

And then, he did what no one expected. 

Treech leaned down toward Lucy Gray and closed her eyes, lowering his head as he muttered 'I'm sorry' over and over again.

-

Vera watched in horror as Treech knelt over Lucy Gray's body, seemingly letting all of the guilt pour out as he apologized to her over and over again.

Poor Treech, she thought. He didn't deserve this. None of them deserved this.

But Vera's heartbreak didn't last too long before Coriolanus began to freak out.

"What just happened? Why did that snake attack her? I mean. The hand-" Coriolanus began to rant beside Vera, clearly frustrated enough to almost expose his whole plan.

Vera let out a loud scoff before turning to him.

"Why didn't the handkerchief work, you mean? You did say you had a drawer full, didn't you? Maybe you just chose the wrong one," Vera muttered, smiling at him with a devilish grin.

Coriolanus's face grew hard before grabbing Vera's arm and pulling her toward an empty hallway.