Chapter 3: Realisation

Start from the beginning

"Y-Yuji?" Megumi questioned looking back at his friend who had his hands crossed showing that he had blocked the attack but he soon coughed out blood. The curse when to strike at Megumi but Yuji quickly got back up and grabbed him by the shirt making the curse miss before throwing him next to a door. "...On." The pink haired sorcerer finished materializing Dojigiri Yasutsuna, he spat out some blood and got into a fighting stance, "Megumi, go search for Nobara. I'll keep this thing distracted." Yuji said glaring at the curse who grinned. "You can't be serious! Thats a special grade curse, you can't win alone! Lets just run!" Megumi shouted at his peer getting ready to summon a shikigami.

"I can't do that. Even if we ran it'd catch up to us before we could blink and there's a high chance it could escape and kill all the people outside." Yuji reasoned which made his peer bite his tongue, "Fuck alright! You better not die or I'll kill you myself." The black-haired bot shouted before running out of the room to look for his other team mate. Yuji glanced back at his friend with a smile, "That doesn't even make sense." After that passing comment he focusing his attention on the cursed spirit. The sorcerer bolted to the curse doing a sideway attack which was easily blocked, not letting up he spun the other way and lowered his stance to leg swipe it but it also blocked the attempt.

Yuji switched to a reverse grip on his sword and thrusted it upward to stab its head but it back stepped to dodge before kicking into the air. He flipped himself upright in time to block an attack with his sword but the weapon broke in the process. Clicking his tongue, the boy threw the broken sword to the side while he made another one, the moment the boy landed he blasted at the curse getting into a heated exchange of attacks. After deflecting five attacks Yuji's weapon broke again but not letting that stop his momentum, he instantly made another sword to continue their clash.

Hit, break, create, repeat; the process continued for minutes until Yuji grew tired and sloppy getting himself hit by a curse imbued punch, sending him flying through a wall into another room of the building. Bouncing off the ground, the boy felt himself losing consciousness "Not yet.." he heard himself, feeling a flicker of curse energy pulse, "Not yet!!" Yuji's eyes snapped open as he flipped and landed against the wall before using it as a stepping stone to launch himself back at the curse. With a scream he sent out an attack but before it could hit, he saw his right arm which was holding his sword get cut off. As the two objects floated in the air, the boy used his other hand to grab the back of his severed hand which still firmly held the swords handle before crushing it to get a better grip on his weapon to sent another attack but like his right, his left got cut off.

The curse then sent an energy blast at the boy sending him through the floor down to the shallow water below. He landed at a dry area on the floor and sat against a wall looking down at his lap, "I hope they made it out." Yuji coughed out sensing the curse coming down to finish the job, "Sorry Megumi, seems like I couldnt keep my promise." Sitting there, the boy looked at the two blood puddles forming besides him, a trail of blood going between his legs combining the two puddles before a new trail flowed over into the water. "Two reds make blue?" the boy asked himself confusedly, the liters of blood loss affecting his rational thinking, "Red?...Blue?..." he pondered his thoughts drifting back to earlier today. 'Reverse Curse Technique is the process of converting negative cursed energy positive cursed energy'

Yujis dim eyes widened in realization, "Two reds make blue.. Red x Red= Blue Negative x Negative= Positive!" he put his words into action. He split his cursed energy into two parts before slowly stacking them together, difficult at first but he quickly got the hang of it feeling his cursed energy change. In an instant negative emotions turn into positive, the sudden change filling and effecting Yujis brain like a strong drug. "Simple.." the boy muttered as a bright yellow aura surrounded him, "So simple...." he said again one of his arms growing back like nothing happened. He grabbed his face and stroked it before throwing his head back exploding in laughter, "It was so fucking simple!" he shouted laughing harder as the curse landed and looked at the boy confused.