✮ rachel !! ✮

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

I feel bad but I'm about to burst out laughing as Rachel paces around my kitchen and apologises for forgetting to wish me a happy birthday yesterday - for the millionth time.

"I'm sorry! I was just really drunk the night before and didn't wake up until like 6...pm!"

"I know you were drunk - me and Tom had to put you to bed."

"Yeah...sorry." She mumbles, leaning on her elbows as she finally settles and sits next to me at the kitchen island.

"It's fine, you know I love you." I reassure and lean my head against hers.

Rach nods, smiling now as she asks.

"How was your birthday?"

"Really good, actually. Tom and I just stayed at his the whole day. It was fun, oddly enough."

She shoots me that knowing look and I shake my head.

"Don't start, I'll kick you out." I warn before moving on. "So, how was your day?"

I grin amusedly when I ask it. She woke up at 6pm after a night out drinking and eating, her day definitely wasn't good.

"You don't start!" She groans but ends up smiling, saying the next part quietly despite us being the only people in the whole house. "Josh looked after me the whole evening."

Despite being in a relationship with him for two years, Rachel never failed to blush when talking about her boyfriend.

"Even though he was hanging too!" She continues and I smile at her and her infatuation.

"What about Hunter?"

"She went home pretty quickly after getting up. You know what she's like, she hates being at people's houses when they're not around." Rachel rolls her eyes but not nastily. "She feels like she's invading."

I nod in agreement, getting up to get water. "So, you and Josh stayed at mine for a bit longer before I came home?"

"Mhm." She hums as I pass her a glass.

"You two better not have used any of my bedrooms for anything." I raise an eyebrow suggestively as I lean against the other side of the island and she scoffs.

"We didn't." She rolls her eyes. "But it's not like you're using them. You haven't had sex in over a year!"

"That's not true!"

"Yes, it is!"

It's true, but it also sounds pathetic. I'm one of the most famous people on the planet and I haven't been with anyone in over a year? Pathetic.

"You haven't had a boyfriend in over a year and so you haven't had sex in over a year. You don't do random hook ups because of rumours." Rach swallows a mouthful of water as she comes to another realisation, making her hum and point at me. "Meaning you probably haven't kissed anyone in over a year either!"

Pathetic, I know.

"Fine, I haven't."

"Knew it."

"I'm alright being alone, but sometimes I wish I had someone again, y'know?" I sip my water and gesture to her. "Like you and Josh."

Rachel hums and smiles at his name alone. I swear I can see stars in her eyes.

We're quiet for a few moments before I blurt it out.

"I've made songs." Her eyes widen and her lips part at the new information. "I'm gonna write one about you."

"Mae-Mae!" She all but squeals, getting up and hugging me.

I've written songs about her before, Hunter too, but she always gets so excited and I love it.

She pulls away suddenly, mouth open. "You've already made songs?"

I nod.

"Are they about Tom?" She giggles like a schoolgirl and I shake my head, laughing a little.

I think I should deny it but I can't.

I purse my lips and nod once more.

——

verity_mae  in the words of mae cooper: "lol get hacked🖕"

verity_mae in the words of mae cooper: "lol get hacked🖕"

view comments

jrivera  MY GIRL HI
-> verity_mae  EEEEE
-> jrivera  wow

tomblyth  wheres mae
-> verity_mae  dont want to say hi to ME no?
-> tomblyth  nope

username  RACHEL ZEGLER MY BEST FRIEND

username  shes so annoying like what
-> verity_mae  im gonna get my guard dog (mae) to eat u

username  MAECHEL

✮🎧 ⋆⸜ °。✩