• 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐑𝐘𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐀 •

Start from the beginning

"Okay my dears, bye." The chauffeur held onto their bags and walked ahead while Favour linked arms with Jedidiah and walked towards the gate of the school.

"Don't touch me. This is half your fault, if only you disagreed when Mom mentioned the school some days ago, we wouldn't be here." He said with anger laced in his voice glaring hard at the brown-eyed girl.

"Jed I-"

"You just wanna be closer to your filthy-rich aunt and cousins so you agreed to come to this school dragging me into this shithole with you. If you wanna live with them instead of us just tell Dad and don't inconvenience me. Mom only considers your opinions because you are 𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑒𝑟 not 𝑆𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑟."

Favour stood, dejected, watching as Jedidiah walked furiously through the gates of the 'dignified prison.' As he called it. She sighed, stepping in also.

🇫 🇦 🇻 🇴 🇺 🇷 '🇸  🇵 🇴 🇻 

•𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐊𝐀𝐈𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄•

"Welcome everyone! I know most of you are exhausted from the journey while some can't wait to explore the school. Do not worry, I won't take much of your time."

I sat in the wide assembly hall, stylishly looking for my cousins. I wasn't used to being around people I wasn't familiar with and it made my skin crawl.

"I am Principal Rashford and I officially welcome you to BRYNNICA ACADEMY. I know this is overwhelming for all of you as you had to leave your old schools but trust me it's worth it. I call on Ramsey ChukwuNonso, the Senior Prefect of this establishment." Squeals echoed through the hall as Nonso walked up to the podium.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. I knew him. He often sent me DMs on the gram but I never replied, my brain kept blaring a major red flag!

"How did he become the Senior Prefect so fast? I thought we were all new."

"His father donated a lot to the school, so as gratitude they gave him the position." Two girls whispered behind me.

I had zoned out of whatever Nonso had to say, honestly after finding out the means of acquiring his position, listening to him felt like a sin.

"..... You may now retire to your dorms as classes start tomorrow morning." The crowd began to move to the nearest exit and I sighed, staring at my stepbrother who kept giving me the "You just approach me and see what I'll do.' look.

"You still carried this your afro to this place." I turned to see Omowunmi with her hands folded together.

"Wunmi! You also enrolled here?" I asked in surprise, Akinola Omowunmi Sora was not one to follow the crowd; except it unconditionally benefits her. Her Mom and my stepmom were friends which also resulted in our blooming union.

"Why do you look like a lost puppy?" She also asked, wrapping our arms together as we walked out of the hall. "And why do you look so familiar with everything?"

"I came a day earlier, wanted to check the place with my own eyes before being sentenced to finish secondary school here." I laughed at her effortless joke.

"Omo, I'll see you later then. Already found my dorm." She. unlatched her arm giving me a hug, before walking away. I sighed again, maybe Jedidiah was right about not coming here, I stared at the timetable and dorm number given to me.

Room 169.

..........

"You should learn to knock before you step in."

Excuse me?

I stared at the girl in front of me, she had afro curls just like mine but hers was black, with caramel brown eyes and slightly pink lips. "You look wealthy, surprised you don't know that simple etiquette."

Is this one mad ni?

"This is my room." I retorted she stood with a towel wrapped around her chest, the upper part of her breasts exposed.

"I could have been naked."

"And how is that my effing business? Look spoilt shit, this isn't Daddy's mansion where you can boss anyone around. Actually, it's you who should learn etiquette.''I snapped.

I have always been told I inherited my temperament from Aunt Ashley, Her daughter also shared the same temperament. We were not provoked easily, but when we were, an immediate reaction was given.

We stared at each other for a while before she burst into fits of giggles, i flinched, surprised at the sudden change of atmosphere

"I like you. I am Adekunle Ifeoluwa and you must be Favour Wayne."

"How do you know my name?"

"We follow each other on social media and I came to your Prada fashion show." I blinked, flashing a smile at her. "Oh, you're that girl whose outfit kept screaming 'Gucci Influencer."

We laughed, forgetting the little drama that happened earlier. "I hope we will be good friends."

"As long as you don't try that rubbish again, sure."

•••••••••••••

•𝐑𝐚𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐮𝐤𝐰𝐮𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐨 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥
17 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝

𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐨 : "We are not something, but we are not nothing."

The school UNIFORM

The school UNIFORM