▃▃ 𝖝𝖎.

𝕭𝖆𝖌 𝕺𝖋 𝕭𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖘,

chapter eleven.

‎ ‎ ‎

𝕿𝖍𝖊 first weeks of summer consisted of swimming, sunbathing, laziness, and laughter for Oliver and the Catton family.

Sunbathing and reading in the wild gardens;

Felix, Venetia, Gabriette, and Farleigh lounged in the wild gardens, the tall and dry wheats swishing around them as their bodies absorbed the sun.

Venetia and Gabriette laid stomach-down on a big towel, both engrossed in a book while Felix and Farleigh sat on chairs next to them, doing the same.

Oliver, in his swimming trunks and t-shirt, makes his way through the grounds towards the sound of tiny music. He turns a corner into a walled garden full of high grass and wildflowers. He spots the group sunbathing.

Venetia spots him first, raising her hand and motioning him over, "We're over here, Ollie!"

Only as Oliver approaches, he spots something that makes him halt in his step. They're all sunbathing, naked.

"Hiya, mate!" Felix yells out, Farleigh and Gabriette mutter simultaneous 'hey's as they look at the boy through their sunglasses.

"No trunks allowed in the field!" Farleigh comments, and the boy hesitates as he sees all of them watch him, amused.

As nonchalantly as he can, Oliver walks over, tosses his towel on the floor, and takes off his trunks. Farleigh and Gabriette look over their sunglasses, impressed.

"Well, well, well," Farleigh prompts, eyebrows raised.

"Those trunks were doing quite a disservice," Gabriette adds with a smirk, making Venetia chuckle next to her.

"Leave him alone," Felix deadpans, glancing over at his friends.

"Good for you!" Farleigh said to Oliver before turning to Felix, "What a twist."

The two blonde girls laughed into their books as Oliver approached, putting on his sunglasses with a tiny smile playing on his lips.

"Watch out for the thistles, mate! Thistles, they're everywhere. Seasonal," Felix calls out before returning to his book.

Swimming and sunbathing by the square pond;

Oliver, Felix, Farleigh, and Venetia bask in the sun around the square pond. While everyone, except Oliver, delves into 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,' Felix and Gabriette relax on the lush grass, sharing a book as Gabriette sits between Felix's legs, leaning against his chest.

Felix playfully calls out, "Do you think Harry, Hermione, and Ron all have threesomes?"

Venetia, unable to hear from a distance, shouts back, "What?"

"Oh, without a doubt," Farleigh confidently chimes in.

"You think they all fuck?" Felix repeats.

Gabriette, still focused on the book, dryly comments, "It's the least they could do for each other. It also sounds like a killer celebration."

Farleigh nods, adding, "They're missing out on an opportunity if they're not."

Playing tennis in black-tie;

The tennis court at Saltburn had transformed into an unconventional scene - Felix, Gabriette, Farleigh, Venetia, and Oliver playing tennis in their black-tie attire, each holding a bottle of alcohol and a cigarette.

Felix served with style, sending the ball across the net while balancing his glass. Gabriette gracefully returned the shot, managing not to spill her wine. Farleigh, ever nonchalant, expertly swung his racquet while holding a cigarette in his free hand. Venetia displayed unexpected finesse, her elegant attire sparkling as she moved effortlessly on the court.

Amidst the tennis match, laughter and banter echoed across the court. Felix extended the champagne bottle to Oliver, inviting him to take a drink, while Gabriette playfully hung on to Farleigh, their lips dangerously close as he blew cigarette smoke into her mouth.

In the midst of the playful chaos, Venetia, fueled by alcohol, whistled loudly and called out, "Round three, come on then!" The unconventional tennis match continuing.

Reading and sunbathing on the roof;

Reaching the rooftop, Oliver hesitates, choosing to remain hidden from Felix and Gabriette immersed in their reading session. The rooftop is adorned with lounging chairs, towels, snacks, books, and sunscreens.

Leaning against the wall, Oliver observes the duo. Felix engages in a lively discussion about the book they share, and it appears Gabriette playfully disagrees, prompting Felix to rise from his chair and move toward the end of Gabriette's.

"No! Don't you dare, you're all sweaty!" Gabriette protests with a grin, using her foot to playfully keep Felix at away.

Mumbling in mock protest, Felix softly grabs her foot, playfully biting it, causing Gabriette to pull it away, laughing. Undeterred, Felix continues the chase, eventually crawling on top of her, playfully trapping her beneath him.

"You're heavy, Felix!" Gabriette manages to choke out in between laughter as Felix leans into her.

Suddenly, Felix interrupts her laughter with a kiss, capturing her lips. Gabriette responds eagerly, holding Felix's face with both hands, deepening the kiss.

A noticeable smile graces Gabriette's face as the two kiss, a mix of lips, tongues, and teeth.

Oliver, hidden from view, watches the affectionate scene unfold between Felix and Gabriette. The rooftop atmosphere is filled with their shared laughter and the warmth of the summer evening.

Lost in his thoughts, Oliver's mind races until Gabriette's moan snaps him back to reality. The sound echoes across the space, a testament to the effect of Felix's wandering hands.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎