00 - HE LIKES SOMEONE?!!

Start from the beginning

U N E D I T E D

"Baby, I'd give up anything to
travel inside of your mind"

— Every Summertime by NIKI

Itoshi Sae has known Shidou Ryusei for more than a decade.

They were friends ever since childhood— courtesy of Ryusei forcing himself in Sae's life. Sae could confidently say that he knew the blonde man like the back of his hand.

While he also knows his other close friends just as well, how he can easily read Ryusei compared to others is a fruit of their time together, which is considerably longer than the rest. So when the blonde suddenly starts doing things out of the ordinary, he notices. It wasn't really a bad difference so he didn't think much of it.

Since that's just how people are, they change. But when Ryusei's strange actions fail to cease and the things he does and says starts getting more questionable, (yes, more questionable than his usual), Sae can't help but wonder and be curious.

Sae wasn't the type to stop his friends from doing what they wanted, unless it's a really bad thing or borderline illegal, but the way Ryusei had been behaving got him scratching his head.

Asking and saying even weirder shit, missing practice and hangouts, and the most shocking of them all, denying a request of going out with him.

Everyone in their circle knew that if you needed Ryusei to come or respond asap, you just gotta make Sae to tell him to do so. So everyone was shocked, Sae included, when Ryusei flat out refused to join them and was even the first one to drop the call— and he never did any of those to Sae.

Everyone's jaw dropped in shock and even Sae's eyes were slightly widened, brows furrowed and twitching in annoyance. He had expected a lot of things but Ryusei refusing and hastily ending the call on him wasn't any of those.

"Holy shit did Ryu just really drop the call on Sae?"

"Man he's gotta have a new best friend I swear."

"Awwww Sae got replaced."

Sae could only scowl at his friends as they collectively decided to tease him— with the exception of Kenyu who was just smiling at them. He thanked God mentally for blessing him with at least one normal friend.

"But hey, hasn't Ryusei been... off?" Tabito stated but it ended up coming off more as a question.

"Different and weird? Yea, dude's been staring at me. Does he like me?" Eita added, making Tabito scoff at him.

"As if."

"Shut up man."

"He's been taking my clothes." Kenyu added, making all four of them look at him.

"Your clothes?" Sae questioned.

"Yea. He'd come over my flat, go through my clothes, pick one, then leave after saying thanks while running out." Kenyu explained.

Oliver's eyes widened and added, "He's been asking me about my past relationships too, not sure why."

As if something suddenly clicked for the five of them. They stared at each other, as if they finally solved a long and overdue puzzle, then collectively shouted (with the exception of one).