🌟---| Chapter 1 |---🌟

It was an eerily serene night at the Maryland state airport. A light, biting wind swept through the (h/c) locks of the young woman, who anxiously lingered at the entrance, anticipating the arrival of her servicemen.

Under the dim glow of a flickering light pole, her eyes betrayed the weariness that weighed heavily upon her. Dark, pronounced eye-bags hinted at the relentless fatigue she bore. Yawning and rubbing her eyes, she fought against the relentless exhaustion, yet her patience persisted, enforced by the absence of alternatives.

With each passing moment, her energy waned, yet she stood resolute. As she brushed aside the strands of hair obscuring her face, she inhaled the crisp night air, attempting to rejuvenate her weary spirit. Finally, a sleek 2016 Toyota, drenched in a deep, immaculate blue, glided to a stop. The car's pristine exterior shimmered under the moonlight, seemingly untouched by the mundane surroundings that threatened to sully its cleanliness.

---🌟---

The vehicle came to a halt in front of (Name) as the passenger window smoothly rolled down. "You must be (Name) Hayato. I'm Mr. DuBois, Tom DuBois. I'm sure your father has mentioned me, hasn't he?" he asserted, his tone more declarative than inquisitive.

As she observed the man in the car, she couldn't help but think, 'So, this is the infamous lawyer, Mr. DuBois?' His smile struck her as she felt somewhat shitty about it. A black figure with short, dark hair and deep brown eyes, clad in a sharp blue suit.

"Well, he certainly has. Nice to meet you, Mr. DuBois," she greeted with a smile, to which he responded with an even wider, somewhat unsettling grin. "Well, come on now. It's pretty late, and we still have to get home," he urged. The young woman nodded, hopped into the back, and they swiftly drove away.

---🌟---

Minutes passed with an uneasy silence, (Name) staring out the window while Mr. DuBois occasionally glanced at her through the rearview mirror. Sensing his hesitation, she finally broke the silence.

"Are you okay, Mr. DuBois? I've noticed you looking at me. Is there a problem?" His surprise was evident, and he hesitated, unsure whether to proceed with his question.

"It's just... Your father... He owns the Hayato Fun House, right? The place with a lot of prostitutes and-" "Yes, he does, Mr. DuBois," she asserted firmly, glaring at the back of his head. Disrespect toward the Hayato family was met with consequences that echoed through generations.

"Is there a problem with that?" she snarled. Tom, looking back one last time, shook his head no, exhaling heavily. "It's just... I want you to... Look, I have a daughter, and she might be a year older than you, but she's still innocent. I want you and everything you know about your father's fun house and business to stay in Japan."

Silence engulfed the car as Tom nervously awaited her response. "Just think of this as a new beginning. Leave every bad experience in your life behind," he stammered, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. The girl ignored his gestures, focusing on his words.

'New beginnings, huh?' Uncomfortable tension lingered, and Tom fidgeted, hoping for the best. "Fine," she finally spoke. Tom breathed a sigh of relief, and the two continued their journey home, to Mr. DuBois' house.

---🌟---

After a 3-hour journey, (Name) spotted a prominent sign proclaiming "Entering Woodcrest." Tom, wearied but smiling, announced their arrival. (Name) meticulously observed her surroundings, committing the route to memory. As they approached their destination, she caught sight of a man with snow-white hair standing by a tree—an apparent agent in a black suit and sunglasses.