✮ born to - day ✮

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

"You didn't!"

"I did!"

I laugh, clapping a few times as Tom grins, holding up the cake he'd managed to get.

"You might hate it." He informs me but doesn't lose his amused grin.

"..Why?"

It was now 4 in the afternoon and we'd been up all night. We left my place and went to his at about 3am, making the decision that our friends would be fine when they came to.

"Well..." He shrugs and shows it to me.

I laugh harder as I see it. The cake he'd gotten me had the name of one of my songs on it, however the word 'die' was replaced with 'day'.

"Born To-day?"

"Mhm." Tom hums, obviously so proud of himself and his choice.

I simply nod, still smiling in amusement, and take the cake with the lit candles when he hands it to me. I set it on his coffee table before his couch and pat the spot next to me for him to sit.

"Where'd you get it so quickly?" I ask before another question spawns in my head. "And how did you get it ordered?"

"Secret." He shrugs again. "Blow out your candles."

"There isn't 25..."

"Stop putting it off!" He groans.

"Fine!"

As I lean forward and am about to blow out the candles, Tom stops me.

"What now?"

"Don't forget a wish."

"I know how birthday candles work, Birmingham Boy."

"What-" He shakes his head, dismissing the childish nickname, and gestures to the cake once more.

I know it's stupid, but I genuinely think for a moment. I think about what I want, what I need. I have a lot, more than most can even think to have. But it's my birthday - 'the one day that's all about me'.

I frown a little, sitting back. I look at Tom who's looking at me with that look. The one he gives me when he knows I'm thinking hard.

I love my friends and almost every single one that I have ever had, but none of them have ever understood me as quickly as him. I'm thankful for him.

He tilts his head a little in question and I nod.

I lean forward and blow out the candles on the cake, unable to help the smile that appears on my face as I do.

"25!" The Brit beside me cheers a little and I grin, letting my head fall to his shoulder. "How does it feel?"

"Good, actually." I nod and prop my chin up on his shoulder so I can look at him.

"Sure? I feel bad."

"Why would you feel bad?"

"You haven't done anything. You've just been indoors with me all day."

"Mhm." I smile at his words, lean up and kiss his cheek.

A part of me wishes I hesitate when I say the next part, so I don't dig myself deeper into this crush.

But I don't. Instead, I move my lips closer to his ear and whisper.

"And it's been my favourite birthday ever."

——

verity_mae  "favourite birthday ever"TAGGED: tomblyth

verity_mae "favourite birthday ever"
TAGGED: tomblyth

view comments

tomblyth sorry it wasnt better😭
-> verity_mae I LOVED IT I LOVE YOU
-> tomblyth ❤️
-> username WHAT

rachelzegler MAE IM SORRY I WAS SO HUNGOVER HAPPY BIRTHDAY
-> verity_mae dw i still love you

huntyschafy I LOVE YOU BABY HAPPY BIRTHDAY 25!
-> verity_mae marry me

jrivera  happy bday verity i guess
-> verity_mae  mae* WHAT IS YOUR ISSUE
-> jrivera  🤷

username  MAMA'S BIRTHDAY!

username  HAPPY BDAY MAE COOPER

username  MOTHER MAE HAPPY BIRTHDAY

✮🎧 ⋆⸜ °。✩