Chapter 21: Part two

Start from the beginning

"Around 4, we'll have to leave as soon as we get back from training and work, then we'll try and leave there around 11, but 12 is the latest" 

My dad offered for us to stay the night, but Leah had training the next day so it just made for sense to us to come back late. That way we wouldn't feel rushed in the morning to make it back in time.  

We continued our usual night routine, where we would talk about our days, sit and watch TV, and Olly would cuddle between the two of us, with his head laying on my lap and the rest of him laying on Leah's.  Leah was right to say we should just move in together, we would act like a married couple all the time, even though we just got back together. 

"Also, my professor said the weirdest thing today" 

"Yeah? What was it?" 

"He basically told me I made a big difference at Arsenal, and that he hopes I get to continue that" 

"He probably just meant he's excited for your career and how you'll do" 

"I don't know he's been acting weird lately" 

"I swear you over analyze everything way too much" 

Before I could protest she shut me up immediately by kissing me. 

"I don't even want to talk about this, I can't even bother to think that you're leaving Arsenal in a few months" 

"I'll still be here though" 

"That's why you should just move in" 

We spent the rest of the night all over each other, again acting like a married couple in their honeymoon phase. 

----- 

It was now Friday, the day Leah was going to meet my dad for the first time.  I felt antsy the whole day, watching the clock tick by, wishing it would go by faster. 

When I'm looking forward to something, I can't get my mind off of it, it consumes me.  I was excited for Leah to meet my dad, I was finally proud of the life I was living, and I wanted to share that with one of the people who care most about me.  So I let the excitement for tonight consume all day.  All the girls I had sessions with that could tell, even Beth made a cheeky joke about it, she knew why I was acting different, and she definitely capitalized on that. 

It felt like the day was taken eternity to end but when it did, I rushed out of the grounds to hop in my car to head back to Leah's place.  I was so quick, I waited thirty minutes before she even walked in the front door.  I could tell she already showered, so all she had to do was change before we could hit the road. 

I was stress yelling at her to hurry up, so she did, but made sure to calm be down by showering me in kisses to make sure I didn't have a full on breakdown, and also took my phone so I wouldn't time her, and stress yell at her again for taking to long to change. 

She came down at a quick pace and we soon headed out the door.  We took her car and she drove us down, and I would drive us back, considering it was a two hour drive we decided to take turns.  Since I was driving us back she would also have time to get some extra sleep, she had training the next day, and I had the day off. 

On the way there, we had a concert in her car, blasting music and singing along, while she made sure she kept her hand on my thigh, and I held onto it, neither of us letting go the entire two hours. 

After a short two hours, we pulled into the driveway of my dad's home. 

"I'm getting kind of nervous" 

"Just talk about your football and you'll be fine" 

"What if he doesn't think I'm good enough for you" 

"He won't think that, he told me he started watching the WSL once I told him about you" 

I gave her a soft kiss before we headed to the front door, hoping it would calm her nerves a bit. 

We got to the front door and knocked.  Instead of my dad standing there in the doorway, there was a woman.  She was blonde, tall, and looked to be about the same age as my dad. 

What the fuck. 

"Hi, I'm Leslie, your dad's girlfriend" 

"What the fuck" 

--- 

A/N: 

-I was gonna add the rest of that in this chapter, but I thought leaving it on a cliffhanger might be a bit more fun:) 

-I started school yesterday and I'm tired, I was excited to go back but at the same time I forgot how tiring it actually is. 

-As always, thanks for the love:)