Chapter 2: Hello, Dan...(Short chapter)

"Listen, kid, I know what I am about to tell you will sound extremely outlandish, but you have to listen to me." Herbert took a deep breath. "I am from the long, far year of 1992 and now find myself in an odd situation of somehow being in this future of 2009."

The teen looked at Herbert for a moment, giving him a face that screamed, "This dude is probably a crack head that broke in, and now I need to call the cops."

"First of all, I'm not a kid." My name is friggen Spencer, you douchebag.

Herbert was taken back by the way the kid responded to him. Seems like no matter what year it is, kids will forever be assholes to any adult.

"Well then, Spencer, So you believe me or not?" Herbert tried to sound ever so calm and NOT "crazy."

 Spencer scoffed "As long as you don't end up killing me unexpectedly, it's chill or whatever." The teen turned around and began to walk out of the room, getting ready to use his phone.

"Wait, kid—I mean Spencer." Herbert started to follow him out of the room, starting to feel more frantic. He wanted to get a few more answers from this kid. Maybe even find out who lives here now?
"What is it, old man?" the teen said in annoyance.

The two were now out of the bedroom and in the hallway. The interior design of the house changed a bit over the years. The walls are now a different color, and there are some framed photos on them too.

Just as Mr. West was going to ask his questions, he noticed a familiar face in one of the framed photos.

"Spencer, who is this?" Herbert took the picture off the wall and just stared at it. Could it really be? No, it can't be.

The picture contained a man smiling while holding a coffee mug in front of the house. He looks to be in his mid-40s.

"Huh? Oh yeah, that's my dad." Spencer was close to reaching the end of the hallway when Herbert asked him the question. He walked back to where Herbert was standing and leaned against the wall.

Spencer than began to go on about who his dad is and so on. It all just began to sound like static to Herbert as he just stared at the photo.

"What's the big deal, man? Are you on drugs or somethin?"

"Your father? This is your father?" Herbert finally spook up.

Just as Spencer was about to say anything, they both heard a door open and a familiar voice spoke out "SPENCER! I GOT A CALL FROM THE SCHOOL ABOUT HOW YOU DIDNT SHOW UP TODAY" The voice belonged to a man.
Both Herbert and Spencer stood frozen in the hallway as the voice got closer.
"Spencer, this is the last time you're gonna lie to me and your mother about there ever being no school—" The man reached the hallway and saw Herbert and his son.

"Hello, Dan..." Herbert said quietly.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Sorry for not updating this for a long time. Not even sure if anyone else reads this or not? Either way, lowkey got a bit unmotivated for a bit but I'm back again.

Don't know when I'll upload the next part. But hopefully soon..