Chapter 2: Passed out?

Wednesday's POV

Enid walked out of the dorm after what I said to her.

Finally some silence.

Since I've finished writing my novel, I decided to read a book to pass time. As I read, I can't seem to focus because I've been repeating the same page multiple times.

Ugh.

I put down the book on the side of my bed and started looking around room and my eyes darted on her side of the room.

I just realized how Enid has been growing on me for a long time. Her constant giggling while on her phone, loud pop songs that will surely make my ears bleed. Every time our class would be over, she would tell me how her day is, she would tell me the gossips around the school which makes me curious and at the same time impressed of how she got that many in just one day. I also find it...intriguing.

She might be unaware about this because I would constantly complain of how loud she is and I don't seem to be interested in her gossips. I don't want to show that I'm interested because that means I would show emotions. And I will not let that happen again, not after what happened.

Yes, I vowed not to do this ever since my pet scorpion died. But emotions started to linger into me when the attack happened.

And now look what it got me.

I got betrayed, almost kil- no, scratch that, died if Goody's spirit didnt get inside my body surely I will be long dead by now. And the school will be in danger, many students will die. Including her.

Even though it's been a long time since that argument passed, it still affected me. Sure, I've been really so obssessed of investigating the murder and the Hyde, but I've never thought that I would put her in so much danger. I didn't realise that, of all the things happened she was still willing to be my... friend. And that is I think the most unforgivable mistake I've done. I made everyone left me but she...

she came back

My thoughs suddenly stopped as I hear a tapping sounds in the place. I look around the room and see Thing on the floor that might have been trying to get my attention.

"What is it, Thing."

The hand starts to tapping on the floor trying to say something.

'I've been trying to get your attention for the past 10 minutes, but you seem to be zoned out' he signs.

I scrunched up my face.

Did I zoned out that long?

"What is it that you want, Thing." I say getting frustrated.

'What did you do to Enid again that made her leave'

I rolled my eyes "She was pretty much frightened by what I did. She was talking about Tyler."

'And you're mad why?'

I looked at the hand in disbelief, like he was insane for asking that.

"Are you oblivious to the fact that I almost got killed by that manipulative jerk and saved the school by that idiot who seeks to eliminate the outcasts? Perhaps Enid believed that I've manipulated her in my murder investigations"

'But isn't that the truth?'

I glare at the hand "I didn't manipulate her."

'You did, and she still saved you even after what you did'

I paused and suddenly my gaze soften.

She did in fact saved me from that night. She fought the Hyde for me. If it weren't for her surely this school is gone by now. She came to me with those scratches on her face and covered in blood with a concern and happiness when she saw me. When she hugged me that night I felt somehow...comforted by her.