84. Main Zidd Kar Rahi Hoon

Start from the beginning

Ram slowly nodded his head, understanding Priya's point of view and agreeing with it.

Priya: Samajh aaya?

Ram nodded again looking at her and then stared all around the room.

Ram(sadly): Toh phir sab kuch wapas kar dein?

Priya shook her head with a smile.

Priya: Nahi. Aap ne itne pyaar se ek ek cheez pasand ki hai toh wapas toh nahi karenge par thode pack karke uper store room mein rakh denge. (With a smile) Thoda thoda karke Pihu ko nikalke denge. Thik hai?

Ram almost jumped on Priya out of joy and hugged her tightly. And then showered her cheeks with some wet kisses.

Ram: Thank you. Thank you. Thank youuuu. Tum na Priya best ho!

Priya giggled, hugging him back.

Priya: Par aage se aapko dhyaan rakhna hai. Thik hai? Nahi toh main bohot daant lagaungi.

Ram rested his head on Priya's shoulder.

Ram: Thik hai.

Priya: Mr. Kapoor?

Ram: Hmm?

Priya(softly kissing his ear): You're doing great. Please don't doubt yourself.

Ram smiled, pulling Priya closer to him.

After a minutes they broke the hug and decided to begin setting up the room.

At first they opened the mattress and set up the bed and then started to open the packages.

Priya: Hum shift kab ho rahe hain?

Ram: Sab kuch ho jaye phir aa jayenge.

Priya looked all around her.

Priya: Aur kya bacha hai?

Ram: Kitchen set up bacha hai, baaki rooms, terrace, sab toh bacha hua hai.

Priya: Woh toh hum yahan aake bhi kar sakte hain na?

Ram: Kar toh sakte hain Priya par bohot chaotic rahega sab kuch. Main nahi chahta tumhe aur Pihu ko problem ho.

Priya's heart melted seeing the concern Ram had for both of them. He didn't want them to adjust a little bit after what they've been through.

Priya: Mr. Kapoor sab aise hi karte hain. Koi problem nahi hogi. We'll be fine.

Ram: Nahi Priya tum please meri baat suno.

Priya(softly): Main nahi chahti aap faltu itna travel karein.

And there was it. That "biwi wala haq" in those few words that brought solace to Ram. She didn't want him to take too much pressure on himself. Now he didn't have any option other than to listen to her.

Priya noticed Ram's eyes softened and a tiny smile making it's way to light up his face. She knew that Ram loved it when she becomes stubborn for something. He wanted her to claim her rights onto him when he said, "tum zidd karke toh dekho" 5 years ago.

Priya(looking into his eyes): Toh...main zidd kar rahi hoon aap se ke hum jald se jald yahan aa jaye.

Ram smiled goofily, shaking his head gently.

Ram: Tum na tum hi rahogi Priya!

Priya(with a smile): Aap hi chahte the ke main zidd karoon. Toh ab kariye zidd poori.

Ram(nodding): Thik hai. Jo tum chaho. Pandit se baat karke date finalise kar lenge.

Priya nodded with a smile.