"Well, would you two mind signing this then?" Pip grinned. She picked up what she had been working on. A hand made card. It was coloured with the Gang's colours, and had hand drawn basketballs and hoops on the front. In bold black letters were the words "GET WELL SOON!". She had just finished writing her own message in it when Sprout and Candu had returned. "It's a get well soon card that I put together for all of us to sign. You two are the last ones to do it."

"Sure!" Candi and Sprout smiled like twins, grabbing their colour coordinated pens. They signed as sincerely as they could, and slipped the card in the plain white envelope. Once this was done, they put their plan into action. Silently, they creeped upstairs. They knew that Dude's bedroom door would be open for Rainbow. The less noise they make, the better. It became a little tense as they approached their blue friend's room. They peeked in. They first spotted Rainbow. He was sitting up in his cushion, wide awake. He looked over to see who it was, but then refocused his attention to the bed. Dude was sleeping peacefully, oblivious to the world around him. Judging by the empty plate on the beside table, he was encouraged to eat in his room. Both wide awake members of the gang crept towards the bed, making extra sure to stay silent. They both had a feeling that if they woke Dude up, he might find an excuse to get back into work. Dude seemed to sense someone approaching him, but was too tired to do anything about it. All he did was turn to his side, his back towards his friends.

This couldn't be more perfect. And risky.

Sprout split from Candi to stand on one side of the bed, while Candi stood at the other. Once she slipped the card on the bedside table, Sprout passed her back the dolphin. Rainbow watched them, intrigued. Just what were they planning? Sprout made a couple of gestures, pointing at Dude and a rising up motion. Candi understood, nodding eagerly. After making sure that Dude wouldn't wake up, Sprout carefully lifted his arm up. He was marvelled at how tense Dude's muscles were despite him being fast asleep. Even in dreamland, he wasn't relaxing it seemed. He was worried that Dude would wake up from being moved, but was glad that Dude was out of it enough to not notice. Candi quickly slipped the dolphin next to Dude, and Sprout lowered Dude's arm back into place. Once again, Dude didn't wake up from this. All he did was shift a little, pulling the soft toy closer to him like a little kid. Sprout and Candi waited for a few seconds, almost expecting him to wake up. Nothing. Just quiet breathing from Dude. Candi grinned, making a gesture to start clapping her hands. Sprout waved his hands wildly and put a finger to his lips. Candi went silent and hurriedly tip toed to the door. She quickly gave Rainbow a pat on the head for being a good boy. She reached the door, but noticed that Sprout wasn't following her. She looked to see that he had his phone out, camera pointed at Dude with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Sprout!" Candi hissed, gesturing for Sprout to hurry up.

"Just a minute." Sprout hissed back, taking a couple of pictures of the sleeping Dude. This is one for the "Blackmail Folder". Rainbow shook his head a bit, not understanding the game that Sprout was playing. Sprout finally put his phone away and joined Candi. They both left, grinning quietly that their plan worked.

Rainbow watched the empty space in the doorway. He didn't understand most of the antics his human friends do, but in this case, he somewhat did. He understood that they all care for each other, even Misty to a small extent. Just now, while it had a risk, Sprout and Candi displayed how they cared by giving Dude that toy and seemingly card. Rainbow turned his attention back to Dude when he heard his breathing pattern change a little. He trotted up to Dude, seeing his eyes flickering open. Dude had woken up a few times like this already. Once to get something to eat, once to go to the bathroom and other times to try to work (to which Rainbow responded with by actually pinning Dude to the bed). Dude spotted Rainbow with sleep clouded vision.

"Hey, boy." He greeted with a slurred voice. He patted Rainbow's head but as he brought his hand back, he noticed the soft toy next to him. He carefully sat up, inspecting the dolphin in his hands. He traced over the soft material and stitched in eyes curiously. He never owned this before. So where did this toy came from? He turned to Rainbow. "Did you have something to do with this?"

"Sprout! Candi!" Rainbow barked. Dude blinked from this, which melted into a warm smile. He should've known that those two had something to do with this soft toy. Rainbow then raised a paw, attempting to point at something. "Card!"

Card?

Dude looked over at the bedside table, spotting the stark white envelope on it. Keeping the dolphin on his lap, he gently took the envelope and held the card. The first thing that he noticed when opening it was the orange paw print that was drawn in it to represent Rainbow. He was glad that the inside of the card was mostly white so it would be easier to read the messages in it.

Hey Dude,

I've got some jokes to tell you when you get better! They're going to be bonkers!

Sprout!

Hope you'll feel fabulous soon, Dude!

Take care of yourself.

Mimi 💛

Get well soon Dude!

Once you're better, I've got some rocking new songs for you to listen to.

Pip!

Rest well Dude!

Hope you like the dolphin Sproutie and I got for you!

Candi 🩷

Feel cosmic soon, Dude.

Remember, if you need us, we'll be there for you.

Yours faithfully, Bud.

Try not to die, Dude XP

Misty.

Dude read each message with a joyous heart. He felt better already. He couldn't describe how this made him feel. Just knowing that he had friends like this was like gold to him. Them looking out for him like this just made it all the more valuable. He just felt incredibly lucky. There was no way that he could repay everything to them fully. Guess he could simply start off by saying:

"Thanks, Gang."