• ☾ Chapter 7 | Lily Pads ☽ •

Start from the beginning

Shinobu let out a small chuckle, a soft smile forming onto her face. Kanae smiled back. She suddenly popped up, and her eyes began to sparkle more than usual.
"Oh! Shinobu, I forgot to tell you, we got more tea if you want some!" she spoke enthusiastically. She stood up and leaned down, booping Shinobu on the nose.
"I'll be downstairs if ya need me!" she giggled and turned, walking out and gently shutting Shinobu's door. Shinobu sighed, and held the necklace back into her hands. That's when she had an idea, she was wanting to see Giyuu so badly, and she had some tea now.. A tea party would be a good excuse to see him! Sure it might've been too girly of an idea, but that didn't matter to her. Seeing him made her happy! She immedietly stood up from her bed and went to her vanity, taking out a sheet of paper and a feather pen. She was about to write, but paused.. Her mind went blank once again, as she had no idea what to write. She thought for a moment, but nothing came through. It almost felt embarassing to write this letter.. she felt like a little girl, a childish little girl writing a silly love letter. A slight furrow was added to her eyebrows and she rested her chin onto her palm. "I don't know what I'm supposed to write.. I guess I could ask Kanae, she probably knows how to write letters better anyway." Shinobu thought. She paused, looking down at the table as she felt a dark feeling over well her heart. "Since Kanae is so good at everything, and always knows what to do.." Shinobu thought, clouds of envy drifted through her mind. She just shook her head and stood up. She turned to the door, opening it and leading her way to Kanae's room. Knock Knock Knock, she banged on the door. She stood outside of her older sisters room for a few minutes, before the door opened, revealing Kanae. "Oh, yes Shinobu? Do you need something of me?" she asked, batting her eyes at Shinobu curiously. "Uhm, nee - san, do know how to write letters— but like, make them seem good?" Shinobu asked, Kanae just seemed to be even more confused. "Eh? What do you mean? You write lovely letters, Shinobu!" "Thank you— but like, how do I write a letter to.. an awkward guy?" she asked. Kanae thought for a moment, placing her finger tip to her chin. A few seconds past, and Kanae looked back at Shinobu. "I'm not quite sure yourself.. Just put your love or appreciation into every word! Okay?" Kanae said, this sparked something in Shinobu and a sweet smile formed onto her lips. "Yes! Thank you nee - san!" she said and spun around on her foot, she began to walk away, before Kanae spoke out, "Why are you writing to an awkward guy, Shinobu? Is it Water Pillar - sama? He seems pretty awkward!" Kanae said with a teasing tone. Shinobu froze, a grumble escaped her. Kanae giggled and waved her hand around as she tried not to make it seem like she was being mean. It's not like she wanted to hurt her little sister. "Hehe! I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding!"

Shinobu came back to her room, plopping down in her chair and picking up her feather pen. She looked down to the paper, and paused again, looking down at the blank paper, as blank as her mind. She released a sigh, "I'll just write what comes to mind.." she thought. The tip of the pen lightly touched the thin sheet of paper, dancing and writing letters. Sentance after sentance turned into a paragraph, and before she knew it, she had written a letter. She sat up, batting her eyelashes as she looked at the paper. She was almost suprised had written so much. She smiled, and pinched the paper as she picked it up. She re-read the letters, making sure she was satisfied. She felt her cheeks heat up and turn pink, her heart began to beat as she thought of Giyuu. She felt as if she was going crazy. These feelings were new— and quite strange to her. It almost felt scary to feel such new feelings, she almost felt like half of her was missing. It was hard to explain, but she felt so complete and normal before she met Giyuu, but now.. experiencing such new emotions, it left her incomplete and unsure. Her stomach tingled.. she looked down to her feet, and gently stuffed the letter to her chest. "I think something is wrong with me.."

A strong breeze blew against the Water Hashira, he grunted as he felt the wind create an uncomfortable and cold feeling in his body. Giyuu sat on the veranda of his house, his feet were pushing roughly into the dirt, leaving foot prints. He almost seemed tense, which was because he had just came back from a mission. The air was cold and leaves were blowing around his estate, getting stuck up on his roof and in the dirt. Giyuu's mind was blank— Like how Shinobu's was when she was writing the letter —. He didn't even know why he was out in the cold, when he could've been inside, reading or cleaning or anything that wasn't sitting like a rock in the cold breeze. He felt his body begin to ache, as if he was coming down with a cold. A sigh exhaled from his lips and a puff of fog appeared, then drifted off. His navy blue eyes were stuck in a gaze as he looked at the clouds, they were gray and filled up the sky like paint on a canvas. His bangs hung down, covering bits of his eyes. He was thinking, thinking about Muzan.. His demons were getting stronger, and the corps was getting slightly weaker. Were the trainers even trying at this point? The ones going into Final Selection were dying more and more, and corps members were dying too weaker demons.. it was as if they weren't even trying. This was creating a stress that was wavering over the Hashira, yet the master still had hope for the younger and weaker members. A slight furrow added itself to Giyuu's brows, his body slightly tensed up and he bit her lower lip.
"If this goes on, Kibitsuji will destroy us all.. and the corps will be left in shambles.." he thought. He felt as small rain drops began to drip down, wetting his face and clenching his hair, creating glittery looks to his hair.