Someday Just Might Be Tonight

After the details were finalised, Father Mike sent the soon-to-be-newlyweds-again off to an appointment made with a friend of his, where they would be able to organise their Marriage Licence.

"Go see Tiffany," Father Mike said. "She'll squeeze you in first thing this morning. I'll speak to her as soon as you leave here."

"We don't know how to thank you, Father," Jon said, shaking the man's hand only to be brought into a bear hug.

"No thanks necessary, Jon," the preacher said. "It will be enough to know that I helped place that missing piece for someone."

"Thank you, Father," Richie added his own thanks and hugged their friend.

"Off you both go now," the older man said. "I'll see you at the allotted time tonight."

As Jon and Richie started walking back down to the pathway that would take them back to the rental property, Father Mike turned back to his congregation, held up his hands and exclaimed, "Friends!"

The gathered diners and volunteers stopped whatever they were doing and looked to see what Father Mike had to say. "Tonight there will be a joyous union. Let us sing the happy couple off with the gospel according to John, Paul, George...and Ringo." A cheer rose up from those around the preacher. Father Mike's congregation had obviously done this before as they all started singing the words of The Beatles All You Need Is Love.

The song rose on the gentle breeze, reaching Jon's and Richie's ears at the same moment.

"What the?" Jon said, turning back toward the small church on the edge of town.

Richie looked back also and waved, laughing, "Guess this is our wedding song, huh?!"

"I don't have a problem with that, do you?" Jon laughed happily, sliding his arm around his husband's waist.

"Not at all, babe," he replied, slinging his across Jon's shoulders. "Let's get going and get this ball rolling."

They arrived back at the house a little under an hour later, relishing the quiet and solitude of the sanctuary not to mention the cool shade of the tree in the middle of the driveway.

"I'm gonna miss this place," Jon puffed, unlocking the front door and punching in the code. They toed off their shoes before walking inside, opting to carry them to a spot just inside the door.

"Me too," Richie replied. "I know we said we'd get a house in the Hampton's but maybe Hawaii might be an option?" They moved into the cool of the house and set their belongings on the counter in the kitchen.

"Write another album, sell a few then we can have both," Jon grinned, leaning on the counter as he stretched out his leg muscles.

The front door opened with a knock, "Housekeeping!"

"C'mon in, Anela," Richie called. "We're decent for a change."

Last weekend when Anela, Kai's wife, had called in for the weekly cleaning service, she had surprised them both on one of their sunbathing days. Jon had dived into the pool in an effort to cover himself as Richie reached for a towel, wrapping it around his waist quickly.

"It was truly breathtaking to see the full moon rising in the morning," the older woman grinned cheekily. "I learned my lesson from last week. I will now announce myself more loudly."

Richie greeted Anela in the entryway before helping her inside with her supplies. "We've washed the sheets and towels so you don't have to worry about that today. And we'll remake the bed once they're done."

"Oh! You'll put me out of a job," she scolded lightly. "But mahalo. You've been the easiest and nicest house guests through so far."

"Mahalo, Anela," Jon replied from the kitchen. "We have to do it anyway, back home, so why stop while we're on vacation."