" Oh... so your number two and Kokushibo is number one... so Akaza is the weakest?" She was about to look back at Tanjiro and Akaza but Douma put his fan in front of her face, blocking the sight from her.

" Yep! But there are some weaker than him." Douma smiled.

Suddenly, a loud crash was heard and Douma looked back. All they could see was smoke and debris. The smell of blood was strong.

Douma fanned the air once, the dust starting to clear instantly.

Y/N coughed, holding the back of her hand on her nose so she wouldn't breathe in any smoke.

After the smoke cleared Y/N opened her eyes and saw Tanjiro lying on the ground.

She also saw a man with a fiery hair color defending him from Akaza.

Douma looked at Y/N to see what expression she had on her face. It was one he had never seen before—well, he probably had but he couldn't remember.

It wasn't one of anger, sadness, nor fear. She didn't look happy either. That same neutral expression remained on her face as she stared at Tanjiro.

It suddenly came to Douma! The face she made reminded him of how he always felt. He knew her expressions because he could mirror them so well.

Y/N was Douma.

Douma smiled contently for the first time.

"Kyojuro?!" Akaza yelled, snapping Douma out of his daze.

" You're supposed to be dead! No human could survive from that type of wound!" Akaza yelled, angry and shocked.

" It is none of your concern how I am still breathing." Kyojuro said, taking a fighting stance.

Y/N and Douma looked at each other, not having a clue what was going on.

" No matter, I'll just have to kill you this time. I have to say, after my fight with you, I've gotten pretty strong." Akaza chuckled.

" So have I. You pushed me to my limits, and I am thankful." Kyojuro responded.

"Mr. Rengoku! He's too strong! Please take Y/N and run away!" Tanjiro coughed.

" Y/N? Who is that?" Kyojuro asked, looking around.

His eyes then met with Y/N's and he looked at Akaza again.

" Young Kamado, you will not die here. And if you do, I will honor your wish." Kyojuro said.

Akaza grinned " Destrutive death: Compass needle-

" Time out!" Y/N yelled, making both of them look at her.

Y/N got in between Kyojuro and Akaza.

" You're Kyojuro? My name's Y/N. It's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled.

" I am Kyojuro Rengoku, but you really shouldn't-

" Akaza! Why are you and Kyojuro fighting?" Y/N asked.

" Why are you getting mad at me?! He was the one who showed up out of nowhere!" Akaza defended, putting away his fist.

" But you also started being mean to Tanjiro and Douma! Did you ever think about that when you showed up out of nowhere?" She asked, making his eye twitch.

" Why should I care about what you think is "mean?!" And besides, I could kill him if I really wanted to." He said, looking away from them.

" Well, you can't do that." She smiled, giving him a nice pat on the head.

" Shut up! I can do whatever the hell I want!" He said, swatting her hand away.

" Well, if you tried killing Kyojuro, we wouldn't be best friends anymore." Y/N said, making Akaza stare at her.

"..."

"..."

Akaza was about to make a snarky comment but he hesitated. Why would he care about being known as a human girl's "best friend?"

" See? You really are my best friend!" Y/N smiled, giving his arm a hug.

" Get off of me!" He growled, trying to shake her off of his arm.