𝑨 𝑻𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑬𝒙𝒉𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" Kaedehara took Kabukimono's hand in his, and began leading him.

Kabukimono let out a small laugh as Kazuha dragged him along. He smiled, the uncertainty he had towards Kaedehara was slowly subsiding into nothing. For an odd reason, Kabukimono could feel his heart warm. He felt calm, happy, and safe for the first time in awhile.

As he got dragged along by Kaedehara, he walked behind him, staring at his platinum blond hair.

"So... where are we going?" Kabukimono asked with curiosity, only in attempt to start conversation.

It took some time before Kaedehara answered, as he was busy looking at the surrounding area for potential threats.

"Where? To Inazuma's docs! There, we shall find Beidou and her crew." Kaedehara explained, keeping his eyes forward.

After Kazuha finished his explanation, Kabukimono raised an eyebrow, seeming confused.

"The Crux Crew?" He questioned. "Why are we going with some sailors?"

"For us to travel out into Liyue." Kazuha replied simply.

He looked around, they were getting nearer and nearer to Inazuma city.

"But not once have I left Inazuma." He sighed and looked at the trees as he passed them by.

Kazuha paused, and turned his head towards Kabukimono. He was surprised, but his expression remained calm and kind nonetheless. After a moment of silence, Kazuha continued walking.

For some unknown reason, Kabukimono liked having Keadehara's eyes on him.

Kaedehara hummed softly and spoke: "How about I show you around Inazuma then?"

To Kabukimono, Kaedehara's demeanor seemed silken, pure, perhaps in any and all ways. It's clear that even Kabukimono, found himself not being able to look away.

Inside and out, he thought that Kazuha was beautiful.

And soon, Kabukimono was struck with a realization of that, despite taking a small pause during their journey, Kaedehara hadn't, not yet, let go of his hand.

With a tint of pink on his cheeks, Kabukimono smiled and nodded at the idea.

"I'd love that!" He said "But will we have time?"

Slowly, Kaedehara began to shift his gaze skyward. The sun had risen not too long ago. The morning still remains.

Kaedehara's lips curved into a small smile

"Until tomorrow." He said. "For your sake, let's make the most out of it while we can."

Kabukimono held his head forward. In the distance, a marvelous city in sight. His expression beamed brightly with excitement.

"I'll certainly try!" Kabukimono spoke.

And not too long after such was said, Kaedehara had found himself being dragged around the city by Kabukimono. There they were, wandering about, meeting new people, having fun. And soon came a situation that Kazuha never expected to find himself in..

...

"Another." Kabukimono demanded, holding an empty glass in front of him.

For the eighth time, as asked for, the bartender poured another shot in his cup.

Kazuha, who sat next to Kabukimono, looked at him worriedly.

"Perhaps.. such drinks should be consumed in moderation, don't you think?" Kazuha said with concern.

An inaudible mumble echoed softly between Kabukimono's lips.

"Why don't you join me?" He suggested, softly swaying side to side as he spoke.

Kazuha looked at Kabukimono's flushed, red face. Slowly, he shook his head as he stared at the boy

"I think I'm fine.." he murmured, "You on the other hand, I don't think I can say the same."

A slight chuckle escaped from Kabukimono, "And what makes you think I'm not?" He slurred.

"Everything." Kaedehara said plainly.

Quietly, he let out a breath, "How about we just take a break from the drinking, as well as this.. environment?"

Kazuha softly took Kabukimono's hand, and helped him up from the bar table. In return to Kazuha's gentle touch, he didn't resist. Stumbling, not being able to walk straight, Kabukimono followed close behind Kaedehara.

Soon, it came to the point where Kazuha was dragging Kabukimono along. One moment, Kabukimono just stopped. He stood there, breathing heavily, yet quietly. Looking exhausted, just he was.

"Huh?" Kaedehara turned back, shifting his worryingly gaze toward Kabukimono once again.

One step ahead, for which Kabukimono took. Unexpectedly and suddenly, he fell to the floor in exhaustion.

Struggling to move, he panted "Kazuha.."