Chapter 24 - Don't Go Insane

Start from the beginning

"Our relationship is nothing more but the emperor and crown prince, not father and son." There's a hint of distasteful in his voice.

The sword slip out of Claude's hand and made a clink when it hit the ground.

The prince gives a bow to the emperor. His face is expressionless as he looks at Claude. "I will take my leave now. Blessings and Glory Upon the Sun of the Obelian Empire. I hope you have a pleasant night, your majesty." Adelio turns around and leaves without any sympathy for the emperor anymore.

___

Adelio POV

I slam my office door open in anger and close it. I stand still for awhile and look at my palms, which still haven't been treated yet. I clench my hand and sweep things that were on my desk to the side, and they scatter everywhere.

Papers fly around the room as I slam my fist on the desk. "I'm sane. I'm sane. I'm fucking sane." I threw the desk with all my strength, and it flew across the room.

I grip my hair in frustration. "Fuck, fuck, FUCK...!!!" Out of anger, items in my office float and I didn't notice it since I was too furious about what happened earlier.

My mana went out of control, and it made my heart beat rapidly. I grip my chest and drop on my knee in pain. The items that were floating fell to the ground with a loud thud.

I struggle to breathe, and my heart is throbbing. Then I pass out from not being able to hold out the shooting pain anymore.

____

3rd POV

Week have passed, since Adelio was treated when a maid came into his office to give him his usual morning tea. It was chaos, but Lucas managed to save the prince. A few days later, Adelio woke up and was told not to use his magic anymore in case his mana exploded since it's overflow in his body.

The emperor was poison while having a tea time with Athanasia and Jennette. There was no trace of poison place in his drink and the reason is unknown. Claude still haven't woke up yet and Athanasia is always by his side in case Claude woke up.

Adelio is known to be sick, and he couldn't attend the meeting where he was supposed to be the emperor's proxy as it was given to the next in line to the throne, but Athanasia took it in for him to fill in his absence.

But in reality, he just doesn't want to attend that meeting, and it's annoying to deal with the nobles.

Right now, Adelio is walking around the palace after all of the members of the council left the meeting. The nobles stop talking when the prince is right in front of them.

"Blessings and Glory Upon the Future Sun of the Obelian Empire." They said it all together while bowing.

"Your highness, I thought you were sick."

"Are you alright, your highness?"

"I heard you-"

The prince scowl. They immediately stop talking. "I have no intention to speak about my condition. If you excuse me, I have to meet the princess."

All the members of the council step aside to let Adelio walk through. After the royal member leaves, they start gossiping about the prince and the emperor.

"Annoying pest." Adelio clicks his tongue and made his way to the meeting room. He was greeted by the sight of Felix pointing his sword towards the former emperor, with Athanasia behind him.

Felix perks up when he notices that the prince is here instead of resting. "Prince!" Anastacius glance back along with Roger.

"Ah, my dear nephew. It's been a long time since I met you, hasn't it? I heard you were sick. How are you feeling?" Anastacius smiles at his dear nephew.