"There he is, I'm going in," whispered Vera as she made her way into the arena, cautiously jumping over the barricade. Coryo stayed behind, begging for the girl to wait. Vera didn't listen.

"Sejanus," Vera spoke calmly as she knelt next to her friend, drawing his attention, "You're okay, thank god."

"Vera? I thought they'd send my Ma," Sejanus mumbled, clearly disoriented. Vera sent the boy a sad smile as she put a hand on his shoulder in comfort.

"I'm sure she's waiting just outside," whispered Vera, "But we need to get out of here."

Sejanus didn't budge, bringing his gaze back to Marcus's body which had now been covered in breadcrumbs.

"Oh, poor Ma. She never wanted any of this. Not the money or the fancy house or the driver. She just wanted to stay in Two," Sejanus muttered, "But my father... he's here too, isn't he? No, I bet not. But maybe he'll try to buy your silence after this, for trying to help me."

"I wouldn't take it, you know that," said Vera, "You're my friend."

"Oh Vera, you're the only reason I've lasted this long," Sejanus whispered, turning his eyes back toward his friend, "Without you, I don't know where I'd be."

Vera cupped Sejanus's face gently, wiping away his tears as she tried to urge her friend to snap out of it.

"You don't have to, Sejanus. I'm right here, I'll always be here with you. Let's get out of here please, and we can run away together like you asked," Vera begged. Sejanus scanned her face with a sad smile.

"I can't leave," whispered Sejanus, "I need to make a statement. I need the world to see me die in protest."

"You think anyone's watching this?" Coryo chimed in, finally making his way over to the two, "Gaul cut the feed. If you get killed in here she's just going to say you died of the flu."

"Coryo? They sent you too?" Sejanus asked as he stood up to get a better look at his friend.

"They thought if Vera couldn't persuade you then you'd listen to my reasoning. Look, I know you want to make a change, but you can't do that if they kill us all," Coryo mumbled, gesturing for Vera to stand. Quietly, the girl obliged.

"How can I make any change from out there?" Sejanus shot back.

"You have money. You're smart. You care more than most. And you're the only one who stands up against Dr. Gaul," Coryo listed, only pausing when he heard a noise coming from the corner.

"I can't leave Marcus," Sejanus muttered, looking down at the boy from Two.

"I'll help you carry him," whispered Vera, "we both will. But we need to leave. Now."

Sejanus only nodded, grabbing Marcus's shoulders as Coryo grabbed his feet. Vera looked around the arena before guiding the two as they trudged toward the entrance, switching intermittently with Coryo.