Back

It took us one week to get some buildings back up. I was standing on the roof of the monastery looking at the sky. Harumi jumped up beside me. "I'm sorry," she said.

I sighed. "You have got to stop apologizing."

"Everyone hates me." She looked down. "They'll never forgive me."

"They will eventually," I told her gently. "It's just going to take time." 

She followed my gaze. "Do you think the others will be okay with your decision?"

I nodded. "They have no choice."

"Okay. Are you really planning to be the Empress?"

I looked at her. "Empress and a Ninja," I corrected. "But yes. Ninjago does need a ruler after all."

She nodded. "True." Her eyes widened. "Y/n, look!"

My head snapped up in time to see five dragons appear. "They're back!" I yelled. I jumped off the roof and ran to meet them. I flung myself at Cole and kissed him fiercely. He kissed me back though I knew I startled him. "You're back," I whispered when we broke apart.

He nodded. "Yes." He looked behind me and his eyes narrowed. "Why is Harumi here?"

I stepped back and looked at them all. "I healed the evilness out of Harumi. She is now no longer evil and I will keep an eye on her." I glanced at her and she nodded. "Harumi will also be staying in the palace once it's rebuilt."

"So the plan is still the same?" Jay asked.

"Yeah." 

"The dragons need to go back," Master Wu said.

The others nodded. "Okay," they chorused. 

I slid my hand into Cole's as we watched the dragons leave. Everyone went in but I didn't want to so I stayed where I was. Cole stayed with me. I inhaled deeply. "I love you, Cole,"  I said.

He looked at me. "I love you too." We kissed again. This is the life I've wanted. A life where I can be with the person I love and help the people of Ninjago. My life was now as it should be.