XXXII

A/n: I'm sorry.

In the five days that Maekar had been ruling the Seven Kingdoms much had already changed. The residents of Flea Bottom and King's Landing were given a better lifestyle, with proper plumbing in place and soldiers, stone masons and builders were building proper homes, taverns, shops and brothels for them instead of the wooden ones they had originally, which greatly increased the King's popularity among his people.

The biggest changed he had imposed on the realm was a law which allowed the marriage between a man and a man and a woman and a woman. Maekar had insisted that the Seven Kingdoms were behind on the times when it came to marriage between two people, insisting that it should be like the Free Cities and Dorne.

This law also came with its complications as the Faith of the Seven refused to lead a wedding ceremony between a couple of the same gender. Maekar sat down with the High Septon and threatened the man into obeying.

This law also came about due to Visenya coming to her parents one night of the revelation of her liking of Lady Genevieve Tyrell, who was the handmaiden of her sister-in-law, Evelyn Stark.

Visenya paced nervously in the opulent bedchambers the belonged to her parents. The grandeur of the room seemed to amplify her anxiety, the weight of her secret threatening to crush her. She wiped the tears that threatened to spill from her eyes, her heart pounding in her chest.

Her parents watched their daughter with concern etched upon their faces. They exchanged a silent understanding, their love for Visenya evident in their eyes.

"Visenya, my dear," Alicent said tenderly, reaching out to place a calming hand on her daughter's arm. "What troubles you?"

Visenya took a deep breath, summoning every ounce of courage within her. "Mother, Father, there is something I need to share with you," she began, her voice trembling.

Maekar and Alicent listened intently, their eyes fixed on their daughter, ready to embrace whatever truth she was about to reveal.

"I... I like women," Visenya finally confessed, her voice barely above a whisper. "More specifically, I have feelings for Genevieve Tyrell."

Visenya's admission hung heavy in the air. She anxiously looked up at her parents, her tear-stained face revealing the fear and vulnerability she had harbored for far too long.

Maekar and Alicent exchanged a knowing glance, their expressions filled with unwavering love and acceptance. Without hesitation, they stepped forward, enveloping their daughter in a warm embrace.

"Visenya, our brave daughter," Maekar said, his voice choked with emotion. "We have always known that you were different. And we have always supported you, no matter what."

Alicent nodded, her eyes shining with compassion. "You are our child, Visenya. Our love for you knows no bounds. Your happiness and well-being are what matter most to us."

Visenya's tears of fear slowly transformed into tears of relief. In that moment, she felt the weight of her parents' acceptance and unwavering support, lifting a burden she had carried for far too long. It was as if a newfound strength surged through her veins.

As they stood there, locked in a tight embrace, Visenya could feel the love and warmth radiating from her parents. And in that moment, she knew that she was not alone.

Now it was time to deal with the treasonous acts of his sister. Maekar wanted to believe that Rhaenyra acted on Daemon's manipulation, knowing that Daemon had no limits, especially when it came to the Iron Throne. Maekar called upon Aegon, wanting his eldest son to be present.