Prologue - Fate

A rather expensive looking car drove quietly down a back road, a woman and a man rested in the back seats. The woman rested her head on her pale hand, her violet eyes watched the trees fall in, and out of her vision. It was obvious the woman was worried, her shoulders were hunched, and she seemed to curl into herself. Her mind filled with worrying thoughts- she hadn't slept since the man brought up an idea. She loved the man dearly; she loved him since he saved her from the traffickers. He was her world; he consumed her thoughts until and after their union.

She blushed and let out a soft laugh as the remembrance of how flushed and nervous the man was when he proposed to her. That was the happiest she remembered being; she was going to be with the most kind-hearted man she knew.

"Kushina." Her thoughts were caught off, her head turned as she faced her husband, a blonde man with tanned skin and the most gorgeous blue eyes she had ever seen. The man continued, "Is something troubling you, my dear?"

Kushina paused, her husband was a kind man and determined, two things she loved. But once he got an idea, he couldn't let it go, "No, Minato. I'm just a bit nervous." Kushina waited for a verbal response, but Minato just gave a questioning stare, "Are you sure this will work? The Laughing Reaper is known to kill anyone- they must keep him in solitary confinement!"

Minato sighed, he gestured towards Kushina to come closer. She did, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and felt her ease into his touch, "I know you're nervous, but we can't keep hiring guards for him, they all get fired within a week or so- "

Kushina cut him off, "That is not what I am worried about, Minato, the Reaper hasn't interacted with anyone beyond the prison guards for years. What if he does something to our son? Why can't we try to find a guard from another area? Is hiring a serial ki- "

"My dear, he will be fine. I've talked to the guards, and they approved the release of the Reaper if he agrees to the contract."

Minato handed his wife the case file, Kushina held it- her hands quivering. Her hands held the manilla folder, there was a paperclip holding a name tag to the front. "Issac Foster", she opened the folder while Minato watched her movements. There was a picture inside, it was a man holding a sign with a name on it. The name matched the one clipped to the front. "This is the Reaper?" Kushina gasped in disbelief. The man was bandaged head to toe, what skin was visible was burnt to a dark tan - Kushina wondered how much pain this more boys went through- his right Scalera was an amber yellow color while his left was a deep brown, his hair was a dark brown- almost black color. He wore a dirty brown looking sweatshirt with a downward arrow on the hood, there was a splotch of blood where his stomach was. His pants were a maroon color, and he held a scythe with his left hand and rested it on his right shoulder. Nothing short of intimidating.

"Well, he seems like a good guard!" Minato chirped, Kushina's heart sunk, and dread filled her as she read about the crimes, many killings, stabbing, going A.W.O.L. She couldn't decipher Minato's thoughts as to why he thought this was a good idea.

Kushina's voice was barely audible, "all this, and he's still a boy- only 19."

Neither had realized how much time had passed as the driver announced their arrival at the prison. Kushins's heart raced, her ears picked up on the beats of her heart. Heat rose to her face, she felt paralyzed, and her breath seemed to catch in her throat. She felt hot, her vision was getting blurry, and everything felt so heavy. Why was she feeling like this? She was a well-known hot head so why was she freezing up?

Minato gestured to Kushina to follow him out of the car, they brought no guards as Minato felt it would off-put the reaper. The red-headed woman shoved her feelings down, barely. It was obvious to anyone besides her husband that she was nervous, they hunched way she carried herself showed it. Minato walked confidently towards the entrance, mentally noting how relaxed security was.

"My boy, what will happen to my boy? Will he be killed?!" Kushina kept repeating the question, her hands clenched the dress she wore.

Like a child, she reached for Minato's hand. She held it, felt the ring he's worn for the past 10 years, she squeezed it thrice, "I love you." Minato repeated her actions.

Feeling assured, Kushina relaxed, though keeping her guard up. The walk through the prison was depressing for lack of a better word. The walls were barren and a gross grey color, there were glass walls where the guards kept watch, the ward was dimly lit, it seemed no-on bothered to change out the lights. Kushina and Minato stuck out against the monochrome prison, Kushina felt rage and disgust boil over her when she noticed how the prisoners looked at her- lust-filled.

Minato held her hand firmly, he acted as a guard for Kushina and her haven of saftey. He wouldn't let anything happen to her (or her children), she reassured herself.

The pair eventually made it to the Reaper's cell. The Reaper had his back to the pair, though they all knew he was listening- waiting almost, to see who would make the first move. Minato cleared his throat, nerves suddenly overtaking him. "Reaper..." Minato paused, "Issac?"

That seemed to get his attention, they watched as the boy shot up and ran to the glass- scaring them both.

Issac's hands were cuffed together but that did not make him any less threating.

His voice was gravelly and orotund, "What do you want?"

A/N: First FanFic, let me know what you think and if there are any ways I can improve! I hope you liked this and will continue to read my works. This story was inspired by: Stitch122894

WC: 1010