✮ "you are beautiful" ✮

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

I let out a huff of air as I fall back on my bed. "That took an excruciatingly long time."

"Mhm." Tom hums in agreement, sitting on the end of the bed.

We just put our wasted friends to bed, Josh and Rachel in one of my spare rooms, Hunter in another. And the way we did it wasn't unlike putting a child to bed when they want to keep watching TV - argumentative and longwinded.

"Josh kicked me in the back of the knee and it fucking hurt." He groans and I laugh, shutting my eyes and tilting my head back against the mattress.

I hear him stifle a laugh before feeling his hand on my heeled boot.

I frown, lifting my head and opening my eyes to see him now standing and unzipping my boots.

"Oh-" I start before clearing my throat, an amused smirk appearing on my face. "I can take my own goddamn shoes off."

Tom just shrugs, gently pulling the shoe off then repeating it with the other one.

"What were they saying to you in the toilets?" He asks while he sits next to me and I sit up fully with him. I crack a smile at his words being different to how I would say the sentence based on our different nationalities.

I remember exactly what they said and shake my head. "Nothing, really. Just drunk-talking about some TV show, they got confused and thought it was real."

I brush it off and he shrugs again, smiling as Brutus wanders into the room tiredly. "I know, there's a lot of people here!"

He talks to him and it makes me smile so hard I think my face might get stuck like it.

I get proved wrong when my phone goes off and I check it, my smile dropping.

"What's up?"

I quickly flash him my phone screen.

——

mom
01:34

mom
3 images* - viewed
happy birthday xx

me
thank you

——

"Fuck, it's your birthday!"

"Yeah." I shrug.

"I swear, I knew." He ushers out, like he thinks I'm mad. "And I would've said before but then the others got all drunk and distracted me and-"

"Jesus, Tom, it fine!" I chuckle. "I never care too much about my birthday."

"Why?" He frowns. "That's not nice."

"Just don't. My family never really did. Birthdays weren't big for us."

He's silent for a moment, studying my face, before leaning his head onto my shoulder and murmuring. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you." I say back, my voice just as quiet as his.

"I got you a present, by the way. It's at mine."

"No, you didn't!" My voice raises a bit but it's still not loud at all.

"I did! If you don't like it I'll cry, by the way."