"Whose veil is it ? I never knew you use veil ?"

Xingchen's face flushed "I don't use veil, your highness. That .. prince Yang Xi has dropped it in Zi garden. I picked it up to return him."

"oh .. great. Then I will take my leave. You try to search a little bit more about Ze-min." Zixuan's lips curve upwards as he turns around to leave.

***

"You are a stupid bitch." Empress dowager shouts at Afreen.

"Empress mother, trust me. I never thought his highness would actually fall for Yaad." Afreen tries to reason out "And I swear empress mother, his highness has no good feelings for Yaad. He is doing it to make consort Yuzu jealous."

"I also know that. But to make one Yuzu jealous, he is taking in another Yuzu ? You want me to accept this ?"

Afreen scoffs in her mind. She doesn't care if his highness marries Yaad or someone else. She is sure his highness doesn't ever care about Yaad. But her problem is consort Yuzu is not out of the equation.

She thought Zixuan would fight Yuzu, murder Xingchen and create a massacre out of the situation. But nothing went according to her plans.

"Empress mother, we need to do something. Consort Yuzu indeed got into an affair with minister Xingchen yet he is still his highness's consort. We need to stop Yaad and eliminate Yuzu at the same time."

Empress dowager nods. "Didn't consort Yuzu leave for minister Bai's residence?"

Afreen nods "yes he did. He is too clever. He thinks if his highness doesn't see his face for somedays, his highness will miss him and forget about his affair."

Empress dowager nods "Do one thing.  Spread a rumour about consort Yuzu. Make the rumour bad. So bad that our commoners demand consort Yuzu's out of Zi."

Afreen's ears perk up "what rumour ?"

Empress dowager grins "rumours about his affair. There will be no lies so that even if Zixuan wants, he can't search for the source of the rumour."

***

Meimei combs Yuzu's hair with a pout on her face. "I don't like her."

"Meimei ! I apologised to you for her. Don't be upset na... I am really sorry .."

"No master, why would you be sorry ? Also I have no problem in calling your sister 'master' .. but she wants me to do her work instead of yours. She said that you didn't need me." Meimei pouts harder.

Yuzu turns around "Meimei, I need you. And you don't need to call anyone master except me. Also I always asked you to call me gege, but you ..."

"You are my gege .. but you are my master too. You are the Noble consort of Zi. How can she look down on you."

"She didn't, Meimei. It's just for her I am only her brother, not any consort. That's why ..."  Yuzu coos at Meimei.

"Yuzu !"

"There she is." Meimei rolls her eyes.

Yuzu turns at the door "yes Yimli , come in."