XXII: Heart of Darkness

Começar do início

She was able to sneak out of the house with no problems. Caroline must have already left for the day or was still asleep. Briana made her way to the Salvatore house. 

She didn't bother knocking and rather just entered. As soon as she stepped over the threshold she saw Stefan and Damon talking in the foyer, Damon with an overnight bag in his hand. 

"What? Klaus needs his beauty sleep so he sent the Mrs to do his dirty work?" Damon questioned sarcastically seeing Briana enter the house. 

"Actually I'm not here for him." She spoke lowly, Damon could sense that something was on her mind by the tone in her voice, "I came to check up on you after.." She trailed, recalling Rebekah's torture techniques. 

"Good as new." Damon spoke with his arms out, spinning slightly so Briana could get a good luck at him. 

She walked over to him and immediately pulled him into a hug. Damon was taken back by the actions of the brunette werewolf, but he softly wrapped his arms around her giving Stefan a confused look over her shoulder. 

Stefan shrugged unknowingly. Briana had always been unpredictable but being this vulnerable was incredibly out of character. 

"I'm so sorry D." She said softly as she pulled away from the raven haired vampire. 

"Are you okay?" the older vampire asked, completely ignore her unnecessary apology, Briana looked between the two brothers, her posture stiffening. 

"Yeah.. I'm fine." She spoke unconvincingly, even Stefan furrowed his brow. 

Damon looked her face up and down suspiciously, not believing the werewolf and slightly worried about her. 

"Well in that case.. we have a problem." Damon started as Briana eye's went wide. Briana looked towards Stefan for answers. 

"We can't find the stake." The younger Salvatore started, his arms crossed over his chest, "Alaric's alter ego hid it. I can get out of him where he hid it, but I'm going to need time.." 

Briana sighed, "which I'm sure Klaus isn't willing to give you." She paced back and forth. 

"Well.. we haven't actually spoke to him today but.. yeah." Damon said in his classic mocking tone. 

"Yeah well that makes two of us. Or three I guess." Briana said as she motioned to the two brother. 

Both brothers rose their brow, exchanging curious glances out of Briana's sight. Ever since Klaus had returned to Mystic Falls Briana had practically been glued to his hip. 

"Well since we're short on time, let me help you." Briana petitioned looking at Stefan. 

"You don't--" The younger Salvatore started.

"I think that's a great idea don't you Stefan?" Damon interrupted, raised brows signaling to let Briana stay. 

Damon was worried about her, and clearly she was questioning things with Klaus, the more time they spent trying to get Briana over to their side, the better. 

But Stefan wasn't as trusting especially when it comes to Klaus. He wasn't sure that Briana's motives were pure.

Stefan conceded, "Yeah, that would be great." He sighed, Briana could tell he wasn't totally convinced. 

"Well, you two kids have fun. I'm off on the little Gilbert rescue mission." Damon spoke cheerfully picking up his overnight bag as he made his way to the door. 

Briana looked at Stefan with a confused look. 

"It's a long story. I'll tell it to you while we torture Alaric." He shrugged and they made their way to the basement.