chapter seventy-three

Start from the beginning

"If this is about Mr Nott then I'm sure he'll unders-"

"No it's not, well not entirely..... but I just can't."

He raised an eyebrow as he looked down on her. "What have you done?" He asked sounding concerned.

It then hit her that he was not aware of what she had done. "N-nothing! It's just." She quickly tried to think of something as cleared her throat. "It's just that I'm worried about.. Mattheo... you know like his really evil father is uh planning world domination and I'm guessing it could be uh quite traumatic so I just want to..be there for him.."

Snape looked very confused. "As touching as your concerns are for Mr Riddle I'm sure he'll be fine." He said sarcastically "Now come on." He put his arm out and Amy stepped back.

"No like I'm really worried about him" she continued and she could tell he was really loosing his patience.

"I made a promise to the Order to bring you back." He snapped.

"Well, I'm sorry but you'll have to tell them no." She replied bluntly.

He looked at her suspiciously and she saw him hold his wand. She saw his mouth move but she didn't hear any words. Everything around her went quiet and there was a voice telling her to take his arm and it was like she was in a trance. She then remembered that she had felt like this before but she couldn't place the memory.

The voice telling her to take Snape's arm was distracting her from trying to remember. She lifted her hand up but stopped as the memory suddenly hit her. Professor Moody's - well Barty Crouch Jr's defence against the dark arts lesson. He was performing unforgivable curses on them. Her eyes widened as she realised what was happening. She tried to pull her hand away but it was like it had a mind of it owns. She kept repeating in her head things like "I want to stay here, I need to stay here."

Her own voice drowned out the one telling her to take his arm and she stumbled back slightly as she was pulled out of her trance.

"Did you just try to use the Imperius Curse on me?!" She yelled in disbelief and anger.

Snape however, was just looking at her shocked. "How did you do that?"

She didn't know what to say as she was just as shocked.

"Have you been taking Occlumency lessons?" He asked accusingly.

She shook her head. It wasn't a lie, she hadn't started them yet.

Just like that she saw him come to a realisation as a hint of dread washed over his features.

"It was you." He said as though it was obvious.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"They said someone volunteered for the task but I assumed it would be someone a lot more stupid."

Amy scoffed. "Yeah that's more like it, I thought you started to sound a bit too worried, I was waiting for an insult."

"Tell me, how do you plan on killing Dumbledore." He asked as though it was a joke.

Amy opened her mouth but no words had formed. They were still working that one out themselves.

"Give him one of your potion attempts I see in my lessons? They always look like one drop of it could kill someone." He said patronisingly.

"That wasn't needed." She mumbled.

"Or maybe transfigure him into a -

"What's your point here?" She interrupted getting pissed off