Chapter 7: Freezing Cold

December 17th, 2021
Location: Tony's House
Lucy's POV

It was one in the morning, and Lucy still hadn't gone to bed yet. She was pacing all around the house, looking at pictures of her and Tony. She wished she knew if her brother was at least alive. Lucy didn't have that gut-retching feeling yet, so that was a good sign.

Lucy stopped at one specific photo. The last photo of her and Tony with their parents. Tony was ten at the time and Lucy was four. She missed them, and Tony was the only thing she had left. She couldn't imagine what she would do if Tony was gone. If her brother was dead and she was alone, parentless and brotherless.

Location: Somewhere in the Artic
Layla's POV

"Tony!"

Layla yelled again, even though she knew it was futile. There was no way Tony would hear her over the howling winds of the Artic.

It was freezing, but the good thing was that Layla was still wearing Tony's coat and his gloves. She had enough layers to survive, but Tony didn't. And she also knew that Tony was injured when she would find some blood spots in the snow. It at least told her where Tony was going and that she was going in the right direction.

It seemed like the way Tony was going was along the ice cliff, but what was he expecting to find there? They had no clue which direction they were going. Layla and Tony could be traveling south, away from the main base for all they know. There was no way to tell directions in this wasteland.

"Tony! Where are you?"

Layla yelled once more, fighting the wind as she pushed through. She prayed that the others were doing better than she, or Tony were, but she had no clue what happened to them.

Frostee's POV

Frostee and Cisco fought against the artic wind until they finally came along a base. They grinned at each other before hurrying to the base and going inside. They looked around for a short moment, making sure that there weren't any unexpected guests.

When it looked safe, Frostee and Cisco started wandering around the building, Cisco looking for food and Frostee checking out the computer against the back wall of the room.

"Frostee! Jackpot!"

Cisco shouted as he brought out an abundance of canned foods. Frostee smiled as he watched Cisco open a can of fruit and pour the juice out of it so he could eat. Frostee turned back to the computer so he could examine the internal composition of the machine so maybe, if they were lucky, he could get the thing up and running again and send a distress message to the main base.

Several minutes passed as Frostee worked on the computer while Cisco delt with his hunger. Finally, Frostee connected a wire and the computer roared to life.

"Yes!"

Frostee shouted as he watched the computer boot on. Cisco walked up and watched as Frostee started typing on the computer, trying to get the system to load so he could send a distress signal to the main base.

"If I can get this dumb system to work, we might be able to get ourselves someone out here to save us!"

Frostee said as he watched the program do its thing while waiting.

Echo's POV

Echo and Shashi shivered as they crossed the snowy tundra. They didn't know where they were going, but they wanted to find some kind of cover.

"Shashi, do you see anything that we that cover in?"

"No! All I see is snow, snow, and more snow!"

"Okay, smartass!"