spotlight

[ wednesday , 9:42am ]

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

you took a deep breath in before you placed your hand on the door handle of the gymnasium.

it was the second day of the hyogo spring high tournament qualifiers. both inarizaki girls and boys got to skip the first round since they placed first during interhigh last year. the gymnasium air was tense when you finally opened the doors. all eyes immediately averted to you and many people broke out in whispers, mainly talking about you.

almost everyone in the volleyball industry knew about you, whether it was through your phenomenal skills as a player, or through your brothers, l/n haru and l/n kenji. your brothers were both players for EJP Raijin, making them world famous. many thought that you were only recognised for being in your brothers' shadows, but they were wrong. 

you were the youngest player in the women's u21 japan national team, you were one of the top 2 aces in the country and were probably one of the best players in high school volleyball. truthfully, you were much more talented and hardworking than your brothers, but would never really dare admit it to them.

your team made its way to court 1 where you were supposed to play against... a school you've never really heard of. the boys team just won their first match and was wishing your team good luck. miya atsumu came up to you.

miya atsumu
"goodluck, you're really gonna
need it."

you mentally rolled your eyes at his remark, you honestly didnt feel like wasting your energy on him right before a match. the boys team had already played their first match earlier and won two straight sets, which made miya atsumu a little cocky. you walked away from him and got ready to warm up. miya atsumu's trash talk just motivated you to do better to prove him wrong. once the whistle blew, you were completely focused and ready.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

you honestly didn't stress much about the first match but your opponents were actually formidable and put up a reallyy strong front against inarizaki. however, they still lost 2-0, 25-20 and 25-14. your team gathered around you and cheered.

akemi nakamura
"y/n WHAT THE FUCK???
YOU PLAYED SO GOOD
TODAY."

akemi shouted. you just laughed.

"its probably because its the
first match and im honestly so hyped."

just then, an interviewer walked up to you to interview you. it didnt phase you so you just politely agreed. you were asked to do interviews before it was normal, having grown up in a well known family, almost the entire volleyball industry knew about you.

the interviewer asked you many questions, about your life, relationships and training schedule, just the boring normal stuff. just then, for some fucking reason miya atsumu popped up behind you and the interviewer called him over. he smirked and walked over, slinging his arm around your shoulder, which took both you and the interviewer by surprise. the rest of the interview was a blur to you due to how angry you were.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

the interview ended after another 15minutes, since atsumu had to appear and try to charm the interviewer, which somehow seemed to work. what shocked you the most was when the interviewer asked you two if you were dating, which atsumu let out the LOUDEST fake gag ever, that the entire stadium probably heard.
you literally tried to run away from him but he stopped you before you could.

miya atsumu
"where are u going??"

atsumu asked.

"away from you. you literally
stole my spotlight. that was
supposed to be MY interview."

miya atsumu
"you get tons of interviews
anyway, what difference
does it make?"

you rolled your eyes and walked away.

miya atsumu
"you know we're going in
the same direction right... we gotta
take the bus back to school"

atsumu laughed. oh fucking hell.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

a/n - HI SORRY IVE BEEN BUSY W SCH AND I HAD A MEGA WRITERS BLOCK THIS CHAP IS KINDA BAD BECAUSE I RLLY HAD NO MOTIVATION 😭😭 SO DONT MIND THE RANDOM FILLER
but pls vote for it 😜