Verona smirked at him, turning her back on him to walk over to the front door. "Maybe. But I disown you, Jay." she said, opening the door and stepped outside.

"Where are you goin', Vero?" he asked, looking how the girl walked to her 1995 mitsubishi eclipse, while he stood under the door frame.
"Verona!" he yelled, but she didn't answer him and got behind the wheel.

Faster than Johnny could look, the Toretto girl had already disappeared from the driveway and was racing down the dark streets of Los Angeles. She thought the city was even more beautiful at night.

"Where are you, Dom?" she asked her self, driving down all streets and places he could have been. She was no longer driving fast and leaned forward a little to see more on the dark streets. Her front teeth landed on her bottom lip when she didn't find Dom in the family cafe either.
"Damn it." she hissed and turned back around.

She wasn't able to search the entire city in the short time she had. In addition, she only had a limited area as she was not allowed into some streets. Of course the Torettos had many friends, but also some enemies, so everyone had their own territory.

She drifted in front of the endangered area and parked briefly on a side street. A few meters further and she could be shot. So, she took a quick breath and thought about where Dom could be.

A sigh left her lips as she started her car again. She looked briefly in the rearview mirror, to make sure no one that could kill her was coming that way. But two figures suddenly caught her eye. She narrowed her eyes when she realized that there were two men who were about a hundred meters away and apparently hadn't noticed her yet.

Her eyes widened when she recognized Dom from his height and bald head. Through the light of the lanterns her eyes fell on the blonde guy next to him. Her eyebrow rose as she recognized Brian. Without thinking, she drove straight ahead for a few meters, drifted and then drove towards the two men.

The two of them's eyes were initially lowered as they laughed until they heard a car that braked sharply next to them. They stopped immediately and Dom smiled when he recognized his sister's car.

Verona rolled down her window and looked into two relieved faces. "Need a ride, boys?" she asked, grinning at them, while they crossed the street.

"Man, you're the best, María." Dom said and Verona laughed.

"Get in." she said and Dom didn't hesitate to take place in the passenger seat. Her eyes caught them of the blonde guy, still standing next to her car. She raised an eyebrow. "Wassup, Spilner." The corners of his mouth rose, making her grin too.

Dom also looked at him. "Do you want to stay there all night or get in?" he asked, making Brian to open the back car door and get in.

Her honey brown eyes met his blue ones in the mirror before she started the car.

"So," she said, driving down the streets, while she took a short look over to Dom. "What did you two do on the other side of the city?" she asked.

"Long story, short ending; He let my new car blew up." Dom said, turning his head a bit, just to see Brian laughed.

Verona smiled a bit. She liked the idea of Dom and Brian maybe becoming friends.