Prologue: The Spark

3RD POV

It was a normal day in Shang Tu and the citizens were going about their until a blue blur ran by.

Shopkeeper: Ahh! My store!

???: Hahaha! Sorry bout that!

It was a young hedgehog wearing a red scarf and had no shoes. This was Y/N The Hedgehog.

Y/N: *Jumps over Citizen's head* Excuse me!

Citizen: He-Hey!

Y/N: What? I said excuse me! It's not my fault that you guys couldn't fast eno- uh oh.

Moments After Lilac's POV

Carol and I were summoned to the Royal Palace and on our way there, I saw some wreckage and some citizens were murmuring and I saw a kid with a red scarf sitting on the fountain...crying.

Lilac: Hey Carol, do you see that?

Carol: *Looks to where Lilac was looking* A hedgehog? You don't see that everyday. What's he doing here?

Lilac: I don't know, but something tells me that he's caused this mess.

I walk over to the blue hedgehog to ask him if he did this.

Lilac: Are you the one who did all this?

???: *Sniff* So what if I am? Are you going to yell at me like everyone else?

Lilac: No, I just want to know. What's your name?

???: *Sniff* Y-Y/N.

Lilac: Hi Y/N, my name is Lilac and this is my friend Carol.

Carol: Hi. Wow, you must be very reckless if you did all this mess.

Lilac: Carol! Ignore her, Y/N. Can you explain how you did all this?

Y/N: Well, I was born with super speed and...

Y/N went silent for a few moments before shaking his head.

Lilac: Well, what about your parents? They might be able to teach you how to control your speed.

Y/N's POV

My...parents?

Y/N: My parents are

Y/N: My parents are...are gone...

Lilac: !!!

Carol: Oh, we're sorry to hear that...

Y/N: No! It's okay! Don't think too much of it! That was years ago... *Low voice* Sorry for bringing it up.

Lilac's POV

How long was he fending for himself? He reminds me of...me...

Lilac: Do you want to come with us? We have a treehouse not too far from here.

Y/N: What?! Are you serious?!

Lilac: Of course! But before that, Carol and I have to head to the Royale Palace first, it's up to you. *Extends her hand to Y/N*

3RD POV

Y/N reached out to Lilac's hand but hesitated for a bit...will he accept the dragon's offer? Lilac could tell he was nervous.

Lilac: I won't hurt you.

Y/N: *Takes Lilac's hand* O-Ok, I'll go with you.

Months Later Y/N's POV

I was running around in the Dragon Valley to improve my speed and beat my last record, I ran through the water and started using my scarf to start running on the air. The scarf I'm using is known as the Skyline Scarf, it was a gift from my Mom when I turned 11 years.

Y/N: WOOHO!!!

Even though I've done this many times before it never gets old. I realized that it was time for dinner so I ran back home.

Y/N: Man, I hope times like these never go away.

I open the door to see my Mom, Aunt Carol, and Milla waiting for me in the dinner table.

Carol: Hey Y/N! Took you long enough.

Y/N: *Smiles* Sorry if I'm late.

Lilac: Oh no, you're fine. Come and eat.

Milla: Hi Sonic!

Y/N: Hi Milla.

I sit down and started eating my sushi while talking to Mom about random things like how she adopted me and lessons with Lady Neera to control my speed.

Y/N: Hey Mom.

Lilac: What is it, Y/N?

Y/N: Do you think he will return?

As soon as I asked that, I shivered in fear because the person I'm taking is Lord Brevon, a galactic warlord who left a scar on Avalice. I heard stories about him and encountered some of his robots but I destroyed as soon as I see em.

Lilac: I...I don't know, but if he does, you'll be able to handle him on your own.

Y/N: You really think so?

Carol: Of course! I mean, you're learning how to detect weak spots on and how to fight hand-to-hand by your mom. Heck, you even made some of your own moves as well.

Milla: Yeah! You can control the wind as well.

Lilac: With enough training, you'll be a great fighter, Y/N.

Y/N: Well, I don't know about that one. Anyway, I'm getting sleepy, I'm going to bed.

I go to my room and take off my scarf and laid on my bed.

Y/N: I hope one day, I will be a hero just like Mom.