~/⚜️/~

  Now it was time to head for the cyber center. As our heroes travel through, they come across an outpost surrounded by droids. Everyone takes lookout spots peering down on the unsuspecting clankers.
  "How should we approach, Captain? Go around or pick them off one by one through the trees?" Hunter asks Rex who only stares at the outpost before replying, "Actually, I was thinking we'd take a page from your book. Rush then head on."
  "I like your style Captain!" Glitch hoarsely whispers from where she stands by Tech. Rex turns around slightly to look at the woman smiling beneath his helmet.
  Time for some serious action!
  With small planning, the ragtag group rushes the droidS. As they fight, Rex accidentally finds himself admiring Glitch's fighting style which was similar yet vastly different from Hunter's. She sliced droids with ease while blasting another as she did so. How does she fight like that?
  Reaching the top of the outpost wasn't difficult since this was a rather surprising attack, the rest of the droids were utterly demolished. Poor Wrecker when he arrived at the top was dismayed to see all the droids already defeated, this made Glitch giggle.
  "Tech, can you figure out how to keep tabs on this outpost so we can move on?" Rex asks as he peals his helmet off.
  "Sure thing, Cap," Tech replies as he begins pecking at the computers.
  "Are we moving on to the cyber center next?" Glitch asks quickly after Tech beckoned her over to help with some wiring.
  "I think so. We'll see how the Separatists are causing our fight such losses," Rex replies as he looks out across the horizon helmet clutched tightly. Glitch noticed that he appeared to be in deep thought.
  "Perhaps," she says back as she stands and removes her helmet. The others were standing around chatting or as Tech was doing, working.
  "You appear troubled, Captain. May I ask why?"
  "No reason, it's just...I feel like someone I knew a long time ago might be behind this. And I know if this is him, he isn't doing it willingly."
  "Then I guess we'll find out. Come on, we're leaving."

~/⚜️/~

  After finding some speeders, the group have now reached the cyber center, from afar off this monstrous disk appeared small. Everyone was dispersed to take the cyber center from both sides.
  "Is everyone in position?" Rex asks through the comms as he and Jesse take positions behind some crates.
  "Affirmative," Hunter replies as he is followed by Wrecker and Tech.
  "Position taken," Glitch replies as well from her perch from further away.
  "Good! Glitch, commence first attack," Rex orders looking over to where she should be.
  Glitch laughs in response before running sneakily towards the center. As she emerges from the brush with her blaster and blade in hand, the droids turn and practically gasp as she blasts and slices heads off. When the few that were guarding that area where cleaned out, Glitch proceeded with the plan by popping one of the ventilation shaft's covers off and climbing into it.
  "Phase one complete. Commence the chaos, boys!" she exclaims happily as she continues to crawl through the shaft. While the clones are fighting their way in, Glitch is opening doors for them through a panel in a store room. She didn't know wiring for nothing!
  "Glitch, the door for the main room has not opened. When do you plan on opening it?" Tech's voice rings in her ears.
  "Just a sec! Riiiiiight...there!" she replies as she finishes rewiring the entire building's circuits.
  "Crosshair, we need a pickup!" she heard Hunter's voice next as she starts to wonder the halls.
  "Glitch, are you near an exit?" he continued.
  "Uh...yeah...nowhere near you guys, but I'll find my way back!" she quips before turning to the exit she had found.
  "What does that mean?" Rex asks with a tinge of worry in his voice.
  "Do not worry. When Glitch says she will make it back, she usually means that she is going to make some daring entry into our escape," Tech explains to Rex rather defensively. Glitch blushes in under her helmet as she thinks about how Tech had said that.
Making her way out and around the cyber center, she thinks about Tech had said. Was he being defensive and complimenting her in a conversation with a reg? Continuing her walk to the boys' position, she hears a voice that appeared to be behind her say, "My daughter, your attraction is becoming a distraction..."
No...it couldn't be...
  Suddenly, a battalion of droids turned the corner and started running towards her. Glitch panics and begins running herself as she approaches the front of the cyber center.
  "Glitch! Over here!"
Tech!
  Glitch runs as fast as her legs will carry her. Crosshair was driving and had started to take off knowing she could make the jump. Tech had his hand extended for her to take.
  She jumped. Her enhancements giving her enough power to be able to reach.
  Grasping Tech's hand, Glitch pulls herself up onto the speeder. Tech reaches around her and steadies her before guiding her to a seat beside him.
  "Didn't...think...you'd wait!" she exclaims out of breath as she rips her helmet off.
  "It was tempting!" Crosshair snidely remarks with a broad smirk evident on his face from just the way he had said that.
  "Well! I now know who would save me if I was locked up somewhere!" Glitch replies sarcastically smiling widely. When her attention is turned back to Tech, she overhears his conversation with Rex.
  "That number Cap, what did it mean?" Tech asks while trying his hardest not to think about how Glitch had just grabbed his hand.
  "Wait...what did you find?" Glitch asks as her grip tightened on Tech's hand.
  "We found a transmission transferring data as well as saying a number. CT-1409," Tech explains quickly to Glitch glancing slightly at her before turning back to Rex.
  "CT-1409, that was Echo's number, he's alive..."

~/⚜️/~
Please be sure to leave a comment below and add to your library to never miss an update!! Give a follow too to help an author's self esteem...