Christmas Special: Under the Mistletoe

Start from the beginning

Jay finished the decorating process, subsequently admiring the results of his handiwork with a sense of pride. A wide grin graced his face as he looked at the well-decorated Christmas tree, with Nari's gift looking especially eye-catching in comparison to the numerous other gifts that were positioned in the vicinity.

Despite Jay having initially started to decorate alongside Nari, the female had grown distracted from their initial goal as she was currently attempting to perform various recipes that she had viewed online.

He leaned by the entrance of the kitchen, with his attention having been wholly stolen by the sight of Nari performing her culinary duties with utmost care. He was in awe of the way Nari had adapted to his kitchen, with her movements being akin to that of a true housewife. The sight makes Jay want to pull out a ring and get to his knee.

He watched as she rolled a portion of her carbonara onto a fork, before she took a bite of the culinary creation that she had produced.

"Hey, Jay. Try it out."

Jay moved in close to the woman who was preparing another serving, holding it out for him to take a bite. He placed his lips at the location where Nari had previously placed hers and gave her a smile as he munched the food.

"It's good, right? Thank god."

Nari placed the utensil down on the counter and proceeded to walk towards the remaining dishes that she needed to attend to. Meanwhile, Jay faced an internal battle, clenching his fist as he struggled to resist the temptation to hug Nari while she did her work.

"I'm so over being blue, crying over you~🎶"

While holding a microphone in her grasp, Nari took the opportunity to provide Jay with a small, private concert as he sat down on the couch that was situated behind her. He could barely contain his awe, as evident by his slightly open mouth and his clapping along to the tune of the song playing from his television.

Jay had long been aware of Nari's abilities in music and had witnessed several of her past performances in J high, with his presence serving as a member of the audience.

Regardless of the fact that he had already seen her perform multiple times before, he still found himself being incredibly drawn to her voice, with this moment of her singing exclusively for him being particularly captivating.

The fact that she possessed a desire to become an idol in the entertainment industry seemed particularly fitting and a worthwhile goal that would ultimately suit her well.

"And I'm so sick of love songs, so tired of tears~🎶"

From his peripheral vision, he perceived his personal butler silently moving around, with the elderly man's arms hidden behind his back. Jay came into a conclusion that the old man was just trying his utmost to refrain himself from interrupting them so instead, he placed his sights back once more on Nari in order to soak up even more of her heavenly singing.

Clearing her throat, she reached for the glass of water that was situated on the coffee table. Nari drank, giving the boy who held a concerned look on his face a thumbs up.

With the Christmas tree serving as a picturesque centerpiece to the living room, Jay and Nari chose to sit on the ground alongside one another, with the female now being in the process of unwrapping the many gifts that Jay had prepared for her

With the Christmas tree serving as a picturesque centerpiece to the living room, Jay and Nari chose to sit on the ground alongside one another, with the female now being in the process of unwrapping the many gifts that Jay had prepared for her. The sound of her delighted exclamations becoming increasingly audible as each present was opened.

"You did not!!"

Jay sported a pleased smile on his face as he watched Nari run around his place while squealing. Laying on the floor directly in front of him was an extensive collection of presents she had received from him, ranging from the Flower Knows products that Nari had expressed a strong desire to have, to the official merchandise of her favorite soloist, DG.

"Jay!! You're the best!"

Nari proceeded to throw herself into his embrace, with the young man eagerly welcoming her into his grasp and wrapping his arms around her waist, which was an act that he had been dying to carry out since the very moment that she stepped in his apartment.

She sat back on the ground once again, she gazes at the collection of gifts which had been laid out before her in awe, contemplating what to unwrap first. She ran her thumb along their surfaces, as if they required a delicate care.

"Seriously Jay, I love you so much!!"

As Nari once again attempted to tackle Jay in a hug, they were both abruptly subjected to the force of gravity's impact, resulting in the two individuals being sprawled onto the floor. Jay's smile widened before his expression transformed into one of utter shock and fluster as he descried a huge mistletoe that was swinging from a rope, which had been attached to the ceiling directly above them.

Nari pushed her body up using her elbows as she lay on top of Jay, being quite mindful of the fact that her body weight could potentially cause him discomfort, her Christmas hat made its way downhill from its original position atop her head.

Although she was unable to see Jay's eyes behind his fair hair, she still managed to ascertain that he was directing his gaze somewhere else. Unable to resist her curiosity, Nari followed his line of eyesight.

Upon seeing the mistletoe which hung directly above them, Nari mirrored Jay's own state of utter embarrassment.

"What the? That was not there when we decorated." Nari mumbled.

She found herself taken aback when a gentle hand softly caressed her cheek, causing her to shift her focus toward the blonde. However, before she could even catch a glimpse of him, he placed his hand on the back of her head and gently pushed it down, with his objective of connecting their lips together.

Despite the initial surprise, it took merely a few moments for the beauty to regain her composure and return the display of affection with equal fervor, with the two's lips moving in a synchronized manner and fitting together perfectly, as if they were shaped for each other.

The various decorations that adorned their immediate surroundings suddenly came to life and began emitting light, thanks to the butler plugging them to the power outlet near his hiding spot.

Words: 1.6k

01.01.24