SUMMARY

IN WHICH the living are willing puppets for the dead.

▬▬ OR !

THEY WERE supposed to be dead.

A GROUP of students were found lying in a pool of their own blood in the Matilda Carmine Library after an armed intruder wreaked havoc on the Amador University campus. Seven dead, and fifteen injured from this brutal encounter. Despite being on the cusp of death, the students never flatlined.

JUST AS fast as they were admitted, they were discharged in less than a week. Some call it a miracle, others call it plain creepy. But with their unnatural recovery comes unnatural events. Objects moved around on their own, cold spots in the house during the warm days of April, memories that aren't theirs, and sightings of a blonde woman whenever they look in the mirror.

AND IT doesn't end there. They're walking to places, talking to people, and doing things all without any recollection of it. What, or who, is the reason for both their recovery and the disturbances?

THE ANSWER lies in the year of 1968.

MATILDA 'MATTIE' Carmine was brutally murdered in her campus library and it remains a mystery to this day. The building was soon named after her to bring her spirit peace, but knowing that the killer was still loose didn't bring the city of Amador, CA much comfort. Mattie Carmine doesn't know who did it, but perhaps by possessing the bodies of these students, she'll be able to get to the bottom of this unsolved mystery. To live, in exchange for peace. Upon finding out about this arrangement, the students feel indebted to Mattie for saving their lives... How will they ever repay her?

SIMPLE: GIVE access to their mortal bodies to bring her peace.

NOW, THEY are her willing hosts, passing her spirit around to close this case once and for all.